We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harry Potter Studio Tour to Olympic Park

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Harry Potter Studio Tour to Olympic Park

We'll be in London in mid-June with my niece and nephew and plan to take in the Harry Potter Studio tour. Planning on taking the tube/overgound to Watford Junction. After the tour, I was thinking we could travel over to the Westfield John Lewis store and show the kids the Olympic stadiums and village. Looks like we can take the overground from Watford Junction. Is this correct?

We (the adults) will have zone 1/2 7-day travel cards. How much extra should we put on our Oysters for the additional zones? The kids (8 and 9) travel free with us, correct?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,234 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour to Olympic Park

Kay,

You would need to head back into London on the fast train to Euston and then take the tube. There are a couple of slower options (one involves a change at Willesden Junction) that would take you around half of north London so whilst that route is possible, I wouldn't recommend it.

It's past my bedtime so I'll let others pass on the information about fares but I think the kids may have to pay as you will be travelling with London Midland not on London Overground unless you take the slower routes.

And we have a John Lewis in Watford! The computer I am using to write this is testament to that!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour to Olympic Park

Since the Overground is a National Rail service, the small ones will need one day Child rate Travelcards. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14414.aspx tfl.gov.uk/assets/…national-rail-map.pdf

With Watford Junction in zone 9 it looks like you'll need to add £2.60 for each off peak journey from the boundary of zone 2. tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14414.aspx#adultthrough

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour to Olympic Park

Thanks, Adam. I will have to re-think the routes.

But I'll bet you can't see the Olympic Stadium from your John Lewis. :)

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour to Olympic Park

Thanks, TP. This is our first trip to London with kids, so I've never before paid attention to all the posts regarding travel with kids. :)

I'll have to take a closer look at the tube/rail maps. (It's sooo confusing!!)

London
Level Contributor
9,144 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour to Olympic Park

The journey planner shows that if you go back into euston then across to Stratford by tube the journey is about an hour.

If you do the overground journey, change at Willesden junction, it's an hour and a half.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour to Olympic Park

Thanks, that sounds like the better option to go through Euston station. :)

7. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour to Olympic Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 10:19