We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heathrow area - sunday lunch options

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
heathrow area - sunday lunch options

Looking for some suggestions how to spend a good few hours in the heathrow area before flying out in the early evening that doesnt require hanging around the airport. We will have a car still and thought maybe there was somewhere nice to have a relaxing sunday lunch

Can anyone suggest anywhere please ?

Thanks

LL

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,359 Reviews
from US$130.80*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,129 Reviews
from US$139.50*
US$155.00
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
517 Reviews
from US$118.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$348.40*
U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,460 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: heathrow area - sunday lunch options

Windsor has plenty of nice restaurants and walks along the Thames plus the Long Walk in Windsor Great Park. It is about 15-20 minutes from Windsor to Heathrow.

Mind where you park though.

A guide to parking in Windsor...

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186419-c132451/Winds…

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: heathrow area - sunday lunch options

Yes, Windsor is the obvious, however I'd be very concerned you had all your baggage in your car.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
8,750 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: heathrow area - sunday lunch options

The Red Lion at Hillingdon is nice, it's about 15 mins drive from Heathrow's Bath Road terminals (T1-3). Good food and a proper historic coaching inn.

www.fullers.co.uk/rte.asp…

If the weather is nice and you want to sit outside then consider the London Apprentice at Old Isleworth which has a lovely terrace overlooking the river. Approx 20 mins drive (maximum):

beerintheevening.com/pubs/…Old_Isleworth

Mentioned in this post
Red Lion
Red Lion
24 Reviews
London, UK
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: heathrow area - sunday lunch options

Piccolinos at Virginia Water does fairly good food. Not your traditional Sunday lunch but only 20 minutes from Heathrow and the advantage of a lakeside walk across the road at Virginia Water if hopefully the weather is ok.

The pub across the road from Piccolinos also does quite good food - cant remember the name off hand.

piccolinorestaurants.co.uk/virginiawater.html

London
Level Contributor
607 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: heathrow area - sunday lunch options

The Pheasant pub in Harlington is very close to the airport and would be a good choice for somewhere to eat. Either in the pub itself, or at the restaurant at the back

beerintheevening.com/pubs/…Harlington

Mentioned in this post
Harlington
Harlington
Bedfordshire, UK
U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,460 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: heathrow area - sunday lunch options

I wasn't terribly impressed with Piccolino's the last time I went, and the pub across the road--the Wheatsheaf--is in a lovely location, but mediocre in terms of food.

Another pub to think of is The Fox and Hounds, off Bishopsgate Road, which has parking in the back, and is right next to Windsor Great Park, so you could have a stroll before or after your meal.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: heathrow area - sunday lunch options

"I wasn't terribly impressed with Piccolino's the last time I went".

That's a shame. I've been there 5 or 6 times a year the last 3 or so years either to meet friends for a drink or to eat al-fresco and it has only disappointed twice in that time.

OP there is another place near to Heathrow which does a mixture of different foods (Indian/Chinese/Italian/Thai), eat as much as you want, at a fixed price, under one roof called Jimmy Spices in Staines*. It's located right by the river - again only 10-15 minutes from Heathrow. Parking is available a couple of minutes walk away. Ideal if you have people who prefer different things in your party.

*Sorry, I believe Staines is about to become Staines Upon Thames shortly

8. Re: heathrow area - sunday lunch options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2013, 10:19