We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easybus

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
easybus

i bought a ticket to go to the airport and the bus never comes so i decided to wait for the next bus !

when it finally arrive the driver was really rude no good morning no nothing a very rude and ordinary personn ! and he didn t want to just tell me what was hapenn with the bus before him and tell me go to take the train ! unbelievable ! isnt it !

so i will never choose this company again and i'll take the train which quite quite better because faster ! and the service in professional on the contrary of easybus !

Level Contributor
527 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: easybus

I took the Easybus successfully once to Gatwick, but have opted for the train since then because OF COURSE it's faster.

The guy was a driver, how should he know "what was hapenn with the bus before?" I find it a tad more producctive to write a complaint letter to the company as opposed to yelling at the guy behind the wheel.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: easybus

he knows because he said he knew ! and I wrote to the company as well so ...It's just to warn people about this dreadful company !

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,618 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: easybus

And you booked them because ..... they were cheaper than everyone else?

Caveat Emptor.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,355 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: easybus

easybus has it's merits. Just don't book in advance.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: easybus

Why not to book in advance?

London, England...
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: easybus

I regularly use Easybus and find it to be a reliable and cheap method of transport to Gatwick.

When I take the train the driver never says good morning to me, and if my train is cancelled the driver of the next train to arrive doesn't provide me with any explanations.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,039 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: easybus

moorgarry, there are easier ways to travel from central London to Gatwick airport. The easyBus may be inexpensive but travel time is certainly longer.

There are rail services to Gatwick from Victoria, London Bridge, St Pancras as well as stations between those last two. The rail journey takes from 30 - 50 minutes, no change of train needed, with fares from £9.90.

If you need to travel to or from Gatwick and central London let us know the day of the week, time of day and your start point in the city centre.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: easybus

Thank you TravellerPlus for your prompt response. We will be arriving to Gatwick from Vancouver, Canada at 6:55 am on Saturday in May and coming back also on Saturday and departure time scheduled at 9:25 in the morning. Our location in London will be in Queens Quay area.

Thank you in advance for any suggestion on how we make our trip from and to the airport quick and pleasant.

Garry

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,039 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: easybus

You're welcome.

easyBus to West Brompton would be about as useful for your destination in Queens Quay as travelling from YVR to SFU via White Rock.

If your arrival will be on or after 19 May then you may take a First Capital Connect train from Gatwick to London Blackfriars station then walk about ten minutes to Queens Quay. If your arrival will be on the 5th or the 12th then take the train to London Bridge and taxi from there.

There are stairs down from the train platforms to the ticket hall and street level at Blackfriars rail station, but work is not yet completed on the refurbishments, and step free access might be finished by May. If you think that will be a problem then the taxi fare from London Bridge shouldn't be more than £6 - 8.

Travel time from Gatwick to London Bridge is about 28 minutes with no change of train needed, single fare £9.90 per person. Buy your outbound and return tickets at the same time and you may use them with the offers shown at www.daysoutguide.co.uk - don't put the outbound ticket through the barrier at London Bridge (or Blackfriars) but hang on to it as you'll need it for the offers.

Mansion House station isn't far from Queens Quay, with masses of buses to and from the area as well: tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/…

Vancouver
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: easybus

Thanks again! I got your message. Yes, we will arrive to London in May 12 and go home 2 weeks after. I guess to take a train and then a cab is the best option for us. How easy to catch a cab at London Bridge area? Should we buy train tickets online or it would be better to do it at the location?