We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easybus

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
easybus

i bought a ticket to go to the airport and the bus never comes so i decided to wait for the next bus !

when it finally arrive the driver was really rude no good morning no nothing a very rude and ordinary personn ! and he didn t want to just tell me what was hapenn with the bus before him and tell me go to take the train ! unbelievable ! isnt it !

so i will never choose this company again and i'll take the train which quite quite better because faster ! and the service in professional on the contrary of easybus !

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,044 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: easybus

There is no difference in fare in buying rail tickets on the day and in advance, so buy them at the airport.

Your train from Gatwick will probably arrive at platform 8 or 9 at London Bridge. From the platform follow the signs to the taxi rank, where there should be cabs in a queue; if not you shouldn't have to wait too long. nationalrail.co.uk/stations/sjp/LBG/plan.html

If you'd like to take a few ££ with you so you need not find a cash machine at Gatwick on arrival, you'll find very good rates at www.vbce.ca (am just a customer of the company, no other involvement).

Vancouver
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: easybus

Thanks again! I know VBCE as well as a customer.

Have a wonderful evening!

Garry

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
691 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: easybus

Hi, I would like to know how long the EasyBus. Departure from Earls Court to Gatwick South. If my plane departing at 6.20 pm at what time I take EasyBus from Earls Court? Many thanks for your help

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,044 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: easybus

With a departure at 1820 you will need to be at Gatwick no later than 1630.

Traffic through south London could be substantial in the afternoon, and I think you may be better off taking the Southern rail service from Victoria station rather than the slow easyBus trek.

If you're not staying near Victoria there are trains from London Bridge, St Pancras and other stations to the airport. Please let us know your start point and we can suggest ways to travel to Gatwick.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
691 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: easybus

@Thanks TravellerPlus! We booked Easybus to 15.20. (The other times were sold out). Departure from Earls Court. Do you think we can arrive at Gatwick at 16.30? Alternative? Train from Victoria? Thanks for your help

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,429 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: easybus

Depends on day of the week. I certainly wouldn't risk it on a Friday afternoon. The train is more reliable.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
691 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: easybus

@adamhornets

Thank you

Sugar Land Texas USA
Level Contributor
129 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: easybus

A related question (I hope, if not, my apologies). Have reserved B&B less than 2 blocks from Victoria Coach to hopefully simplify my transport: Arrival (NE) from Heathrow 0655 Thursday arrival; round-trip Southampton (Saturday morning/Thursday morning) and then a Monday morning transport to Gatwick for a 1000 flight to Madrid. My judgment is that each of us can roll one large suitcase between Victoria Coach and hotel. Hope that Victoria Coach provides reasonable options. Only National Express? Need for early purchase? I assume that we need to be at Air Europa counter at 0830 for check-in? Any advice?

Thanks, DJ

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,429 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: easybus

DJ,

This question really has nothing to do with Easybus. You would do better to start a new thread bearing in mind that the train is by far the quickest and easiest way to reach Gatwick from central London and it's not that much more expensive. I'd look to be checking in two hours before my flight took off.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,046 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: easybus

You should aim to be at check in by 8am. At that time of the morning (well any time really), it would be better to go by train (not road) from Victoria station - about 10 minutes from the coach station. Info on timetables/prices on Southern railway site:

http://www.southernrailway.com/