We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon tea with teenager daughter, Wolseley and ?

Bernay, France
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
234 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon tea with teenager daughter, Wolseley and ?

We'll be visiting London next week with my teenager daughter (16).

We have booked an afternoon tea at the Wolseley before going to the theather (this is going to be her first afternoon tea !)

We are now looking for a second one to experence during the week, but not too formal especially with the dress code. The Ritz is gorgeous but too luxurious for us.

Many thanks for your suggestions !

Belli

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,886 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon tea with teenager daughter, Wolseley and ?

I've been with my teenage daughter for afternoon tea to:

*The Ritz (contrary to popular belief, not everyone is dressed up to the nines; nice dress or smart trousers/pants would be fine). Some people say it's too touristy, but we loved the glitz there, and were well looked after.

*The Savoy ( ditto)

*The Lansdowne (I think) and possibly The Wolseley. Oh dear; they're beginning to merge into one!

* Browns

Lower key places (which we've not tried!) include The Orangery at Kensington Palace and oh, is it the British Museum? Harrods might also be fun to try. A popular one with Talfers here is The Capital.

Enjoy! As you may have gathered, we like afternoon teas!

Edited: 21 February 2012, 16:02
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,699 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon tea with teenager daughter, Wolseley and ?

I would definitely recommend the Capital hotel, based on personal experience. Low key, cosy, very good food and good service. One of the best value hotel teas.

For other hotels, I would go with either the Langham or Claridge's but these are pricier.

There is also the Botanist,Sloane Square - I haven't tried it and it may be too like the Wolseley for a second tea, but worth a look.

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon tea with teenager daughter, Wolseley and ?

I've had afternoon tea at the Browns branch in St Martins Lane,Covent Garden and enjoyed it very much,especially the price which is £10.95 for 2 people.It inc.,sandwiches,mini cakes,scones and 2 pots of tea.Good value I thought.

The building is lovely (used to be Westminster County courts) and it had a nice atmosphere.We also liked the fact it's in a fab location in London,near to Covent Garden market,theatres,shops etc.,A very enjoyable afternoon was had indeed........

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,490 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon tea with teenager daughter, Wolseley and ?

I would be inclined to hold off booking the second tea until after she has experienced the first.

5. Re: Afternoon tea with teenager daughter, Wolseley and ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 04:15