We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good hotel in Russel Square

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milan, Italy
3 posts
Save Topic
Good hotel in Russel Square

Good morning everyone!

I hope I'm in the right place and you'll be able to help me! C:

My parents are thinking about visiting London in April, and they'd been quite adamant that they'd like to stay in a hotel in Russel Square. They visited London ages ago, and if I remember correctly the name of their hotel was "Russel Hotel". They loved the area so much they want to stay there again.

My point is, I want them to be able to experience again the "magic atmosphere" they always rant about ( C; ), but I'm not sure about the hotel anymore. Reading some reviews around here, I've seen that apparently Russel Hotel standard isn't the same anymore.

Since my parents just want to stay in the area and not really in a certain hotel, do you have any tips to offer me? C:

Many thanks! And please help me organize a memorable trip for them! C:

ps: I don't know if this help you, but we don't have an exact budget in mind... It'll be a short stay (maybe less than a week), so they don't really care if the hotel's not very cheap!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,752 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good hotel in Russel Square

I doubt you could call any of the hotels immediately on Russell Square as 'special' . They often cater for the very budget conscious and/or large tour groups. Have a look at the Montague on the Gardens very nearby which is particularly strong on service, or the Chancery Court, a little further but if anything handier for transport and activities.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good hotel in Russel Square

And maybe the MyHotel Bloomsbury which is only a few minutes walk from Russell Square, it's pretty modern and it's about mid priced. If they're not too budget concious I'd say PLW's suggestion of the Montague is a good one, it's very traditional and old fashioned.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good hotel in Russel Square

Even although the reviews arean't that glowing i would still book them into the russell it's where their good memories are from.

Milan, Italy
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good hotel in Russel Square

Thanks a lot everyone!

I'll go check the hotels you recommend! I hope I'll find the perfect one! C:

Many thanks!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good hotel in Russel Square

Several years ago, we stayed at the Bonnington Hotel (now the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End). It is a short walk from Russell Square on Southampton Row Granted it has been several years since I stayed, but it was a nice place to stay - might be worth checking out..

Milan, Italy
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good hotel in Russel Square

Thank you! C:

Haha, it's kinda funny having so much hotels to check!

7. Re: Good hotel in Russel Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 20:43