We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transferring Underground to Overground

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2,725 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Transferring Underground to Overground

If I transfer from the underground to the overground (or vice versa) using my Oyster I am charged for one journey or two separate journeys?

London
Level Contributor
9,186 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transferring Underground to Overground

One journey - even if you have to physically tap out of one station and tap in again at the connection station.

The only restriction is that you must achieve the connection within the specified interchange time - but this is usually quite generous - about 20 minutes.

Edited: 28 February 2012, 10:08
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transferring Underground to Overground

It will charge as one journey as long as you haven't hung about too much in course of the transfer.

Bear in mind that the cost of that one journey may be different depending on what you mean by 'the overground'. Journeys using National Rail (as distinct from the 'London Overground' specific routes ) cost slightly more.

3. Re: Transferring Underground to Overground

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 22:41