We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

problem with my tour

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
florida
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
problem with my tour

I booked the special access to stonehenge tour on Astral Travel's website. Put my cc number in for 2 tickets and a screen came up saying thank you for your reservation. I also got my name and pswd. to receive other discounts from booking a trip through them. The part I am worried about is it says it usually takes 24hrs for an email confirmation which includes the tour time (time various - depends when you go) and I booked the tour on Fri and still nothing. I even emailed them twice nicely but still no response. I cant call them from here (Florida). Has this happened to anyone? I want to make sure we definitly have the tour and it isnt completely booked. Plus, I want my confirmation as a receipt, especially since it was expensive.

Melissa

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: problem with my tour

Melissa: Their website says "We aim to respond to your email within 24 hours. Quite often, we respond within just a few hours. Bear in mind international time differences. Also we deal with many enquiries. Help us to respond quickly by enclosing previous email correspondence."

Do you have another email address that you can send a message from?

London
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: problem with my tour

Come on guys, give us a chance. Your booking came in Saturday morning and we replied Monday morning - the tour is not untill June 1st so we assumed you were not desperate for confirmation. Our tours are extremely popular and in great demand. We are working as fast as we can....... You have used a different email adress when chasing on Sunday which has complicated things ie trying to trace your previous reservation. We are extremely busy and our travel team deal with emails rather than an auto response. Your tour has now been booked and confirmtion has been sent. Our phone line is open almost 24 hours per day and we recieve calls from Florida every hour so I am baffled why you cant contact us by telephone. Sorry for the delay, its a great (unique) tour and well worth waiting for. Sorry we were a few hours late. Enjoy! Best regards

Nick Kendrick

Managing Director

Astral Travels U.K Tours

http://www.astraltravels.co.uk

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: problem with my tour

Oooooh, that told you!

florida
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: problem with my tour

awe, come on, i wasnt being mean. I admit the time difference threw me off...i booked it on fri here and i got the confirmation on tues. My main concern was that the tour was completely booked and we wouldnt get in. I am very happy that we will be taking the tour! I do not have the capability to call London from my cell (unless I pay more) so that is why I did not call. Anyhow, thank you very much for the confirmation!

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: problem with my tour

Melissa: Wow, I wonder why they posted their answer on TALF? Anyway, all's well that ends well.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: problem with my tour

It IS testament to the "Power of TALF", isn't it. (That the tour company would respond on this website.) I suspect that they did so to assure that we'd ALL learn that all was well with the booking and they are running as fast as they can. I am amazed at the places that I hear this web site - specifically the TALF section - mentioned. Isn't people power a lovely thing? It's nice to think that there is at least one small place where real people are assisting same in solving problems, answering questions offering help. Rather restores one's faith, what? Thanks to you all.

San Diego
Level Contributor
296 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: problem with my tour

Wow, I was going to respond that all would be well, but you got the answer from the horse's mouth already:)

I took Astral's Stones and Bones tour with my daughter, and was told I'd get a discount for her since she was under 11. When the bill showed up, I didn't get the discount, but got a prompt reply to my email query about it, and a credit on my next statement, which I thought was remarkably quick.

Have a great time!

Mary

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: problem with my tour

I would prefer a personal email than an automated response, because of that I can see why it would take a little longer to get a reply, especially as it was over the busy weekend period.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: problem with my tour

I'm impressed. Will keep Astral Travels name in mind for our next trip.

Mount Laurel, NJ
Level Contributor
944 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: problem with my tour

We went w/Astral a few years ago on the Stonehenge Special Access. Had a blast! Everything was very well done - our tour guide was a lot of fun, had a great sense of humor and put everyone at ease right away. Enjoy your trip!!