We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late Rooms.com

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
508 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Late Rooms.com

Has anyone ever booked hotel rooms from this website? They seem to have good prices.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,304 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late Rooms.com

Yes, many times. Very reputable/established. Check any hotels you are considering own websites (if applicable) as well. Often the rates are similar.

Edited: 05 March 2012, 08:21
England, United...
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late Rooms.com

Similarly, I've used them very many times and never had the slightest problem. Unlike some websites that take the money when you book, with Laterooms you pay the hotel direct when you are there.

Their hotel reviews are by people who have booked with them and have stayed at the hotel in question (not always the case with TA).

Edited: 05 March 2012, 08:27
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late Rooms.com

Used them last year for a London trip, no problems at all and they were cheaper than the hotels own website

Scotland
Level Contributor
354 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late Rooms.com

Yes, they are my website of choice but sometimes payment IS taken by the hotel before you stay, check the information on the hotel as you are told of this. It usually happens with a very cheap deal from a hotel and again check the cancellation policy as most are very good and allow cancellation but some not.

Hull
Level Contributor
773 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late Rooms.com

I use this site regularly and it works well- easy because you don't have to keep entering your personal details each time.

As indicated by others, the deal is sometimes non-refundable, but this will be clear because there will be a logo 'ADVANCE PURCHASE' shown, and the 'cancellation terms' will endorse this. In these case the payment is charged to your card there and then. There are usually other slightly higher priced rooms with cancellation provision.

I'm assuming a non UK card will be accepted- does anyone else have experience of this aspect?

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late Rooms.com

Used it lots without issues, but always check whether the price quoted is refundable or not

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
508 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Late Rooms.com

Thanks for the feedback. I have a question - when I look at prices for the hotels it will say standard twin sleeps 2 and standard double sleeps 2. What's the difference? The size of room or beds?

Scotland
Level Contributor
354 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Late Rooms.com

Hi It is usually the beds, a twin room is two single size beds and a double room has a double or larger bed to sleep two together.

Hull
Level Contributor
773 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Late Rooms.com

The single beds will/should be 3feet wide; the doubles generally 4ft 6 in or 5 ft (King size), unless the 'double' is both singles zipped together.

Probably smaller than you are used to?

staffs
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Late Rooms.com

I would be very careful using this site at the moment. I will never use again. We booked a hotel and had a confirmation e mail and reference number but when we arrived at the hotel they had no record of us. We were given 30 pounds by late rooms by way of compensation which didn't even cover our expenses. I still have not received a satisfactory explanation of what went wrong. I have since read that their computer systems may have been at fault. I have never had a problem with booking.com or by booking with hotels directly.