We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around London from Heathrow, fastest route?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sarasota, Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
Getting around London from Heathrow, fastest route?

I will be flying into London midweek in the early afternoon, and leaving the following day same time. (Literally 24hrs)

I fly in & out of Heathrow & have 24 hrs to spend. My hotel the Georgian House Hotel. I would like to check in there, and then head off to see sites. I would love to hear suggestions based mostly on quickest time to/from airport & hotel.

Also as I've never been there before I plan on doing some of the touristy things from my hotel would it be better to walk to sites, take tour, or hop on bus/subway etc? Thanks for the suggestions!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around London from Heathrow, fastest route?

Travel time from LHR to Victoria station is about 45 minutes. Take the Piccadilly line towards Cockfosters and alight at Hammersmith. Cross the platform for an eastbound District line train (sit near the back of the train) and alight at Victoria for the 10 minute walk to your hotel.

Since your time will be limited you could take a hop on hop off tour or design your own, using the Underground plus London's red buses. With the latter you could see what you would like to see so let us know some of the places on your wish list and we can suggest ways to make the most of your 24h stay.

London
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around London from Heathrow, fastest route?

Any idea of what sites you specifically want to see? As a suggestion, it's a fairly energetic walk, but from your hotel it is possible to walk up to Buckingham Palace, and then down through St James Park to Westminster. The London Eye is just across the river if you want to do that. From Westminster you can jump on a bus/tube/boat to wherever else you want to go.

3. Re: Getting around London from Heathrow, fastest route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:41