We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stanstead Airport, place to pull over to wait for a flight

Magor, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Stanstead Airport, place to pull over to wait for a flight

I can recommend a lay-bye at Bristol for the job but need one for Stansted/ An ideas anyone?

London, United...
Level Contributor
7,164 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stanstead Airport, place to pull over to wait for a flight

For Stansted you can wait at the services at junction 8 on the M11 for upto a couple of hours for free, it's only a 10-15 minute drive to the airport. Check the airport website about picking up, I think you have to go into the short term car park these days.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7,164 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stanstead Airport, place to pull over to wait for a flight

Found the information for Stansted on stanstedairport.com/stansted-airport-guide/a… It says

Picking up by car

For security reasons, waiting is not allowed on the terminal forecourt. If you're picking someone up by car, please use the Short Stay Car Park. Alternatively, if you plan to be in the terminal 15 minutes or less you can use the 15 Minute Pick Up car park. Both are opposite the terminal entrance and signposted from the approach road.

I have met people there and waited in the service area until they rang me to say they were through security. Then drove to the 15 minute car park, it seems it now costs £2 for upto 15 minutes to pick up and exit.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stanstead Airport, place to pull over to wait for a flight

The Birchanger Service area on the M11 is the comfortable option.

Personally I would stop at the McDonald's opposite the Holiday Inn Express which is much nearer the terminals.

Magor, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stanstead Airport, place to pull over to wait for a flight

Thanks a bunch

Magor, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stanstead Airport, place to pull over to wait for a flight

Just remember its a Macdonalds & Starbucks restaurant. Don't overstay the maximum limit. They CCTV you in and out.

6. Re: Stanstead Airport, place to pull over to wait for a flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 09:41