We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelodge problems.

Kandahar...
1 post
Save Topic
Travelodge problems.

Does anyone know how to contact travelodge in the UK? I filled in the form on line and submitted. IT stated that the message had been received. Got an email saying that that email address is no longer valid. The live chat line does not work - the link is broke - and when you call the hotel all they say is to call central booking. I called central booking - can you speak Hindi? They are a separate company paid to do the bookings. I booked on line, they charged my credit card and even though I booked for my daughter they will not let her stay. Now I have lost my money.

How do I contact Travelodge - they are TERRIBLE.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,880 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelodge problems.

>>I booked on line, they charged my credit card and even though I booked for my daughter they will not let her stay. Now I have lost my money.

Why didn't they let your daughter stay? If she was under 16, that was against their T & Cs, which you agreed to when you made the booking.

I would contact your credit card, and see if they can work for you and get rid of the charge.

If not, you can try to contact Travelodge here:

Travelodge Hotels Ltd, Sleepy Hollow, Aylesbury Road, Thame, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom, OX9 3AT

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelodge problems.

The couple of times I've wanted to contact them I've phoned the head office switchboard and just bluffed my way through to "customer services". Both times I was given the direct phone number of the individual Travelodge concerned to get rid of me.

www2.travelodge.co.uk/press_office_contacts/

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelodge problems.

The owners

www.reubenbrothers.com/TravelLodge.aspx

Click contact on the menu bar.

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelodge problems.

I have used Travelodge extensively this summer, and on the whole found them good value. However of the 2-3 months travelling UK I have the following to report as all attempts to contact them directly have failed.

In Nottingham (Wollaton Park) work commenced outside my bedroom at 04.30 AM.

In Swansea Freezing COLD SHOWERS were the order of the day (Broken Boiler). Promised a rebate both times.

NOTHING HAPPENED. (Impossible to contact them.)

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelodge problems.

What reason did Travelodge give your daughter for not letting her stay?

ktown

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,089 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelodge problems.

Pity the OP never came back.

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelodge problems.

After my recent stay at Travelodge Penrith I and from reading fellow tripadvisors comments on this chain I would avoid ever staying in one again.They all appear to need refurbishment,fine but close the place down and don t take peoples hard earned cash for staying in very poor accomadation.Cleaning is very poor,found a blob of the previous occupants shower gel on the bath,months of dust and bits of food under the bed and stained duvet covers.Don t expect 5 star in this type of place but a certain standard that is clearly not being met.I ve seen the mangers standard reply to all compliants on here.So many I imagine thats why you cant get through.!!!!!!!

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelodge problems.

I agree that Travelodges are basic but they can be very cheap if you choose your dates carefully For those of us who like to do a lot of travelling but have limited incomes they are invaluable. . I have used them frequently and have always had good, friendly service, and clean rooms. My gripe is that they never give enough towels or pillows if two people are in a room, but they are happy to give you more if you ask.

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelodge problems.

I dont mind basic after all its just a bed for the night,in this case so my partner could have a rest after a long drive around Scotland.I agree that for travelling on a buget they can be good but not being clean is not acceptable.As for getting extra pillows etc thats fine if you can find someone to ask!!!!I personally wouldnt use them again but I would advise that if you are going to please read other reviews on Tripadvisor.I m glad your expriences have been good ones.Lets hope that the promised refurbs that are to take place this year do.As like you we are on a limited income and we like our travelling.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,734 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelodge problems.

The levels of cleanliness seems to vary from Travelodge to Travelodge.

I recently stayed at three different ones and they were excellent.

However all these lodges were all new ones and were in good order.

I must say though that Travelodges`s website is one of the worst I have ever used, Putting in a place name ( correctly ) brings up lodges down the other end of the country and attemping to book several nights can be a huge problem.

Hope they upgrade their TI.

Graham