We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling USA from London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nebraska
Level Contributor
36 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Calling USA from London

I will be in London for a week in March and looking to call home a few times. I have a Verizon iPhone 4, how would Skype work from my iPhone on wifi to call US numbers, both cell and land lines.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
36 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calling USA from London

Ok let me ask this a little different way.

Is it possible to call the USA from London using a Verizon iPhone4 over Wifi - (Verizon) phone in airplane mode - over Skype?

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
300 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calling USA from London

Called the U.S. from the UK using Skype on my Ipod Touch just fine. Actually worked quite well. Just make sure you have credit in your account. I'm sure the Iphone will work the same.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calling USA from London

Wifi and skype will work the same in London as it does in the U.S. You could also try using the Talkatone app with the gmail 'call phone' function. I can't remember if this worked from London though.

ktown

4. Re: Calling USA from London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 12:17