We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Royal Albert Hall

S. Wales
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Royal Albert Hall

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a reasonable hotel convenient for the Royal Albert Hall please.

I am travelling 29 June - 2 July

Many thanks in advance.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,351 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Royal Albert Hall

What a great screen name!

The hotel nearest the RAH is the Royal Garden Hotel, about ten minutes' walk along Kensington Road; bus stop M is just outside the hotel's main entrance. tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…kensingtonhighstreet-2144.pdf

Another option a bit further west and just off the High Street is the Copthorne Tara Hotel, just off Wright's Lane behind the Underground station.

A bit further away near Gloucester Road station (with quick access for the 49 bus) are the Millennium Bailey's, the Crowne Plaza Kensington, Best Western the Cromwell, Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt and the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum.

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Royal Albert Hall

Ten minutes' walk away is Kensington House Hotel on Prince of Wales Terrace. Five minutes' stroll from the Palace Gate bus stop. Converted from 2 Victorian houses, the rooms look modern and comfy; there's a lift; the "Tiger Bar" is pleasant, the staff friendly. I've visited but not stayed. Www.kenhouse.com

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
287 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Royal Albert Hall

How much are you looking to pay per night? I always use laterooms.com and you can choose by closest location and best offers.

S. Wales
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Royal Albert Hall

Sorry for my unavoidable late response.

Not sure what to expect cost wise, I was thinking of around £100 per night?

London
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Royal Albert Hall

It's a pricey area - without checking the websites of the hotels listed I think you will struggle to get anything under £100. The Eden Plaza is another option;

http://www.edenplazakensington.co.uk/

I agree with TP by the way- great handle!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
287 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Royal Albert Hall

If you're not looking for a 5* then you might be able to get this, I was looking last month on laterooms.com as I was visiting the Royal Albert Hall and they had 3/4* for £80-100. However you will be looking in a much busier month so if you can get £100 it won't be higher than a 3*, you may need to have a slightly higher budget.

S. Wales
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near Royal Albert Hall

Thanks very much to all for your advice. I appreciate it.

Some of the hotels seem to be getting booked up now which I imagine is because of the time of year so I've taken a chance on the Blakemore Hyde Park which seems to get good reviews and I've paid £676 for 4 nights.

Rather more than I anticipated but I'm obviously out of touch with the cost of things in London these days.

Should be easy to get to the RAH from there.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,351 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near Royal Albert Hall

The Blakemore is on the oppo side of Hyde Park to the RAH; unless you fancy a hike across the park you may find the number 70 a better choice (stop E for the outbound journey, stop B for the return): tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…bayswaterqueensway-2017.pdf

S. Wales
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel near Royal Albert Hall

Many thanks, I'll make a note of that.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,965 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel near Royal Albert Hall

As the hotel is now booked, I shall refrain.

Not sure about the 70 though. I would catch the 10 up to Marble Arch and then a 148 down Bayswater Road.

Love your avatar, you will enjoy Paddington.