We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HSBC ATM at St. Pancras station

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
HSBC ATM at St. Pancras station

Will be coming from Paris through Eurostar, please help by answering the following questions:

(1) Is there any HSBC ATM machines at the St. Pancras station?

(2) Can I use Euro currency while in London?

(3) Do you guys happen to know of any link shows the ATM locations in London?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,328 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: HSBC ATM at St. Pancras station

< I guess doing a simple Internet search for "St Pancras cash machines" is not worth the OP's time: >

A general "ATM St Pancras" would bring up a general list of ATMs which may or may not include a HSBC one. However "HSBC ATM St Pancras" is a bit more successful - although now the first result is this thread.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=hsbc+atm+st+pancras

Getting back to OP - are you sure HSBC do offer free withdrawals from their ATMs? Having had experience of HSBC abroad I find that HSBC's description of itself as the "world's local bank" is 100% accurate and that HSBC in each country is a totally separate entity and DON'T allow free withdrawals.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: HSBC ATM at St. Pancras station

My account is with HSBC Canada, they only charge $3 CAD for any/each withdrawal transaction from any ATM machines outside Canada, you get your withdraw in local currency with decent exchange rate, more fees apply when using other ATMs.

$3 is ok with me.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: HSBC ATM at St. Pancras station

I wonder what the charge is with other ATMs. (I find most are comparable to your rate, though I've heard of one or two exceptions).

I must admit, the last thing on my mind when I'm away is a couple of quid / loonies spent on the luxury of having cash to hand on any given high street. I know everyone differs but that convenience is certainly worth a couple of pounds to me.

Either way, HSBC are very, very common in the UK and are certainly on every high street / shopping street in London just about, so you won't go short.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: HSBC ATM at St. Pancras station

As long there are few at the St. Pancras station then I'm good to go. I just hope to find working one the day I arrive :)

Thanks everyone for your help

15. Re: HSBC ATM at St. Pancras station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 10:42