We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discount Stores in London

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Discount Stores in London

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any dollar stores in central london? and if there any discount clothing stores like a Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx or Winners?

Thanks.

Perth
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discount Stores in London

i dont know about being a discount store but Primark on Oxford st is a very cheap clothing store

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,356 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discount Stores in London

Dollar stores? No. Poundland and 99p Only shops may be worth a look though.

There are a handful of TK Maxx shops in London, including a fairly new branch in Charing Cross Road. New Look is a step up from Primark, with a big shop in Oxford Street. Venture away from the madhouse of Oxford Street for branches of Peacocks or Matalan.

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discount Stores in London

There's a TkMaxx on Kensington High Street that is nicely set out.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,228 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Discount Stores in London

In the same vein as Poundland there's Poundworld - but neither sell clothing. They are very good for toiletries unless you *must* have a particular brand. They are great for miscellaneous cables and tools.

As for clothing - don't dismiss the high street supermarkets like Tesco, Sainsbury & Asda. Larger stores have a good range of clothing for pennies.

You could also check M&S outlet stores - …marksandspencer.com/info/Outlet_Stores#link1

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discount Stores in London

Head East, I would suggest if you are seeking discount stores such as Matalan then Dalston Junction is were you need to go. Dalston is fairly easy to reach from central London, a short bus ride from Oxford Street.

www.matalan.co.uk/pws/StoreFinder.ice…

In Dalston you can also find an equivalent of a Dollar Stores (which is actually 63p at today’s rates) Kingsland High Road has a Poundland, (= U$1.58) along with a 99p Store, plus a 98p Store, all within a few minutes of one another, have fun.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Discount Stores in London

ok, so there is. Is there a poundland or poundworld near central London or near Golders Green?

also thanks for the clothing store tips. looks like for clothes at a cheaper price I should look at

-Primark

-Peacocks

-Matalan

-Tesco

-TK Maxx

-Sainsbury

-Asda

Is there anywhere where I could find some of these stores together?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,228 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Discount Stores in London

< Is there a poundland or poundworld near central London or near Golders Green? >

If there isn't then it's an unusual place, but as I said they aren't places for clothing, more for day to day household items. Both companies have a website and Poundland even has an iphone app.

Level Contributor
528 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Discount Stores in London

I've been in the TK Maxx in Charing Cross and was disappointed. The merchandise was the same as in US TJ Maxx, basically cheap Chinese goods and with the exchange rate not that great a deal.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,356 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Discount Stores in London

Peacocks had a bit of a shakeup recently, with a few store closures. The shop at Old Street is still open, as is that at Watney Market. Screensilver mentioned Matalan at Dalston (it's all the way at the far end of Kingsland Shopping Centre), with another Peacocks just across the road.

Sainsbury's have a selection of Fairtrade cotton clothes at times, not goods to buy and keep forever but a decent choice and not too pricey. The shop just off Cambridge Heath Road has a good selection; there's another big Sainsbury's in Finchley Road that carries clothing as well.

The Tesco at Surrey Quays has clothes, but it's one of the messiest and most disorganised shops I've ever walked into and walked straight out of again.

There are branches of Poundland and 99p Only in Camden High Street, and one or two near in the Holloway Road / Seven Sisters Road area.

London
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Discount Stores in London

There's lots of pound stores in Wembley which is a 30 minute bus ride from Golder Green. It also has a decent TK Maxx and Primark. Plus a very big ASDA on the way.

Just to warn you, ASDA, Sainsburys and Tesco are supermarkets so food is there main thing.