We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kings Troop Royal Horse Artillery, Horse Guards Practice

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,869 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Kings Troop Royal Horse Artillery, Horse Guards Practice

I have been going through some old saved posts of things to do in London, and I came across 2 things from a couple of years ago that I wanted to see if anyone had an update on. (This would be for a potential trip in July.)

Does the Kings Troop Royal Horse Artillery still practice their musical ride in Wormwood Scrubs at 8:30 on Tues and Thurs? How would I get there (i.e is there a tube or bus stop nearby and where do I go from the stop - I can figure out how to get to the stop myself I think)?

Do the Horse Guards still warm up in Hyde Park between 9 and 10 across from the Knightsbridge Barracks? (I've been past the barracks, so I think I can get back there.) Is this every day?

Thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,362 Reviews
from US$130.70*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,130 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.80
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
517 Reviews
from US$117.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$348.00*
england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kings Troop Royal Horse Artillery, Horse Guards Practice

The King's Troop RHA have moved from St John's Wood barracks and are now in Woolwich, so I dont know where they now practice, but it isnt the Scrubs anymore.

London
Level Contributor
464 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kings Troop Royal Horse Artillery, Horse Guards Practice

btgm

King's Troop have left St John's Wood and are now in new barracks in Woolwich (SE London) , perhaps someone local will know . I bet they wish they were back in their old location as I've just watched them today firing the Queens Birthday salute , travelling to and fro between Wellington Barracks and Hyde Park - something extra for the tourists to look at but a logistical nightmare . Ten horse transporters and three other lorries for their kit (not to mention the guns) to take them back to Woolwich.

I think the Horseguards may warm up earlier than the times you suggest, but I could be wrong.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kings Troop Royal Horse Artillery, Horse Guards Practice

by Horse Guards I think you must mean the Household Cavalry, or as known by the Troop, ' that other lot that can't ride'.

Swift exit left.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kings Troop Royal Horse Artillery, Horse Guards Practice

From what has evidently been deposited on local roads by several horses it may well be that the Kings Troop have been exercised on Winns Common, Plumstead. Whether this was to practice the Musical Ride, I cannot say.

5. Re: Kings Troop Royal Horse Artillery, Horse Guards Practice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:42