We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I pre book a car to pick me up in London?

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
How do I pre book a car to pick me up in London?

I am arriving in London tomorrow morning. Can I pre book a car? I hear it's about 35 gpb? Any recommendations?

London
Level Contributor
840 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I pre book a car to pick me up in London?

It could be a bit late to book a car now, and the cost would depend on where you are going. It would help if you were to say where you want to get to, as there are several different options for getting into central London. though which one would be best for you would depend on your destination.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,568 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I pre book a car to pick me up in London?

Of course you can pre-book a car - there is always someone available 'at a price'!

But where are you 'arriving' and where do you want to go to??

and why have you left it so late??

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,994 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I pre book a car to pick me up in London?

Try this one.

www.expressways.co.uk/

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,537 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I pre book a car to pick me up in London?

There's also Just Airports. Here's their website.

justairport.rtrk.co.uk/…

Apart from a pre-booked car service there are other options, eg Heathrow Express, Heathrow Connect, coach and Tube (subway). Some are better than others, depending on where exactly you want to go. Tube is the cheapest, and for some parts of London the most direct. The coach is also a good option if you are going near to Victoria.

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I pre book a car to pick me up in London?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k488…

London, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I pre book a car to pick me up in London?

Just jump in a black taxi thats what we do when coming in and out of heatrow no need to book as they are at each and every terminal waiting and ready to go 24hrs plus the added bonus is they actually know where there going which we find helps..

London
Level Contributor
10,426 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do I pre book a car to pick me up in London?

"Just jump in a black taxi "

That is certainly an option, but it costs way more than a pre-booked car service....

London, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do I pre book a car to pick me up in London?

If it does cost "way more" its because the drivers are fully trained and know London better than any of us and speak English...

Also we like the fact they use and are allowed in the bus lanes that no other car service can at busy times this can half your journey time maybe this is why they charge a bit more as well..

we used to use a car service but some high costs we have been charged for parking bills on top of the advertised fares while they wait for you in the terminal and more times than not they have no idea where to go we stick to the black taxis...

If money was the factor and even speed i think the tube would be our next option before going back to a car service.

Edited: 03 May 2012, 14:33
Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,372 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do I pre book a car to pick me up in London?

You can call on arrival, I'd probably have the number of 2 companies handy. Ring and ask for a car while you are in baggage reclaim, you'll be asked to meet them outside at a given pick up point. They'll usually be there within about 20 minutes of the call.

While it's true to say that minicabs have to be "pre-booked", that doesn't mean it has to be ahead of time, it just means you can't hail one on the street. A phone call on the day is fine. The big companies such as Expressways etc will always have a car somewhere near Heathrow.

10. Re: How do I pre book a car to pick me up in London?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 14:17