We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tattoo

Sydney
Level Contributor
235 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
tattoo

Hey

Going to be in London in June and was thinking about getting a tattoo. Any good recommendations ?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,994 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: tattoo

I wouldn't encourage that practice. You may well regret in later life.

Sydney
Level Contributor
235 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tattoo

i respect your opnion, however thats a risk im willing to take

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,359 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tattoo

(caveat: haven't visited any of the following; rather agree with lordk as am a bit of a grumpy old soddess) Rather than stay up West, have a look at some of the places away from the city centre.

Consider www.thefamilybusinesstattoo.com www.london-tattoo.com www.fulhamtattoocentre.co.uk and www.ouchtattoo.co.uk

London UK
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tattoo

Virtually everyone I have spoken to some 20 years after they have been tattooed regrret having had it done. It may seem cool now, but later on in life it marks you out as odd. If you must have a tattoo have a henna one which lasts some months before fading away.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,869 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tattoo

Why would you get a tattoo just in London? If you want a tatt do research and get one done by a reputable artist local to you.

Though tatts are not really my cup of tea, I have many friends with them, but they get them done locally by someone they trust. They work with the artist to determine the design and double/triple check it before committing; yes I've been shown designs by friends and asked what I think. And often it requires multiple visits to the artist to complete the tatt.

Just walking into a salon, not knowing anything about the artist and saying "Can I have a tattoo please" may give you something for life that you may regret.

Edited: 07 May 2012, 06:53
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tattoo

Get it done before you go. A long journey with a new tatt could be uncomfortable. Im sure yo have some great parlours in Sydney

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,763 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tattoo

It seems the OP has a history on this matter - tripadvisor.com/members-forums/HoNeY_BabYdOll

London, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: tattoo

Well it is a grumpy old forum. I like a tattoo - of course it has to be the right image in the right place - its finesse. Looks like the op is travelling the world so can't do it before she leaves Sydney.

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tattoo

"of course it has to be the right image in the right place - its finesse."

It's defacing your skin.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,372 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tattoo

Gosh, what an odd reaction to a simple question. Are we now going to turn on people asking for pub recommendations on the basis that alcohol is bad for you and can cause death? Let the girl do what she wants, she didn't come here for a lecture.