We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euston Station overnight.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Euston Station overnight.

Arrving Heathrow at 9.30pm, expect to get tube to Euston at around 11.30pm arrive at about 1am.....is Euston station open overnight, my train to Glasgow leaves at 5.40 am.....have already booked train tickets.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,254 reviews
from US$127.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
456 reviews
from US$106.00*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,085 reviews
from US$150.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.90*
US$336.60
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,575 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Euston Station overnight.

No, it closes between 01.30 and 04.30 (05.15 on Sunday).

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euston Station overnight.

Thanks...are their any alnight cafes nearby.

Preston
Level Contributor
490 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Euston Station overnight.

I'd consider waiting at the airport end

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,575 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Euston Station overnight.

Good idea MisterMark, but the OP will find it difficult then to get to Euston for an 05.40 departure - the first Underground won't get him/her there in time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,754 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Euston Station overnight.

There is an all night massage parlour on Eversholt St, there is also a lapdancing club which is open till around 4am.

Also in Soho there is Bar Italia which may be more up your street.

I would probably book an hotel, I think you will be at Euston earlier than you estimate and that will be a long, tiresome wait.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Euston Station overnight.

Fatchris.....don't think my wife would be to keen on you first two suggestions....

Have checked london transport and tube leaving from Heathrow at 23.40 gets to euston station just before 1am....Looks like we will just have to wait outside the station.....no other options as can't even guarantee making the National Express overnight coach, as the aircraft we are arriving on is often up to 90 minutes late.....

We will just have to hope it does not rain....its not worth while booking a hotel for just four hours.....Does anyone know if the station cafe or kiosks opens at 4.30am...

Level Contributor
3,427 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Euston Station overnight.

Waiting outside the station is not a good idea, and if you just linger around you'll get moved on. You'll need to find a cafe or somewhere to use the up the time

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Euston Station overnight.

There's a 24 hour McDonald's at King's Cross on the Pentonville Road (Postcode N1 9XD), it's about 800 metres walk or about 10 minutes. It has free Wifi to keep you amused.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Euston Station overnight.

Mcdonlads sounds great, think the coffee will be needed after our 16 hour flight...thanks.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Euston Station overnight.

Stay at Heathrow until about 3 o'clock. It's safe and there are places to get coffee and snacks. Then at 3.00 go to the bus station and take the N9 night bus to Trafalgar Square. It will take about an hour, but you're not in a hurry. From Trafalgar Square take a taxi or another bus to Euston station. The N9 buses are about every 20 minutes.

It is much better to stay at Heathrow for a few hours than Euston.

Edited: 07 May 2012, 17:29