We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm in Desperate Need of Help Finding an Apt in next 48hrs

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
jokemaker323
Level Contributor
278 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
I'm in Desperate Need of Help Finding an Apt in next 48hrs

I am getting to London between May 8-May 12 but can stay in a hotel for a night or two if needed. I am looking for a place just for me. My budget is up to 3000 GBP for a month (leaving June 8th so maybe slightly less when prorated).

I don't 'need' to be in any specific area but I want to be in a fun and safe neighborhood with good food options and not too out of the way if I want to explore other parts of town.

For the apartment, I want something modern, clean, high speed WiFi, and ideally with someone reliable or through a reliable site.

I know it's hard to give recommendations to such a broad inquiry but I am desperate as I want to arrive in London in as little as the next two days. I would be incredibly grateful for any recommendations on specific apartments or sites you'd recommend in finding a place with such short notice.

Cheers,

JM

I hate to start a new thread but it seemed the apartment I was looking at wasn't getting much love on this forum. (tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k53947…)

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: I'm in Desperate Need of Help Finding an Apt in next 48hrs

Not sure if they would have anything at this late date, but we recently rented from A Place Like Home and their website shows several studios that would fit the bill (again, I do not know if they are available). One is on Rosary Garden, which was the street we were on - fabulous location.

They were fantastic to work with and went above and beyond for us. I would call or email and they can tell you everything they have available.

www.aplacelikehome.co.uk

phone number is on the website. We worked with Nick.

Edited: 07 May 2012, 22:32
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,243 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: I'm in Desperate Need of Help Finding an Apt in next 48hrs

Please note a short term let (tenancy) like the one suggested is a very different type of contract requiring ID, a credit check and references such as a n employer.. Even if you could find one I doubt you have time to arrange one.

Think you'll have to stick to letting agencies (like A Place Like Home), or serviced apartment providers and get on the phone. The pro rata rate for one month should be less, although at short notice you may still struggle on a budget off £100/night. Contact Saco, Marlin, Mansion apartments and Presidential apartments, and as mentioned on your other thread be prepared to split your stay over a couple of locations.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
239 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: I'm in Desperate Need of Help Finding an Apt in next 48hrs

As I said in my first post, my suggestion is a shot in the dark. I only suggested it as the OP seemed to be quite desperate. But, since he has not returned, perhaps the he has secured something for his stay. On the Foxton's website, it does mention that they can assist with accommodation on short notice. With that being said, I did not notice until now that I included the wrong link to the landing page..

Here is the CORRECT link to the Foxton's Short Let website.

http://www.foxtons.co.uk/let/short-lets/

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,243 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: I'm in Desperate Need of Help Finding an Apt in next 48hrs

On the Foxton's website, it does mention that they can assist with accommodation on short notice.

=======================================================

Not disputing that (speaking as a part time landlord myself). But these are still tenancies, a very different contract to a holiday let, as mentioned above and something posters requesting info on this forum often confuse. The requirements for a short term tenant are very different as outlined in my post above.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: I'm in Desperate Need of Help Finding an Apt in next 48hrs

Interesting, looking at that Foxton's website http://www.foxtons.co.uk/let/short-lets/ and I recognize 3 properties that are also listed on holiday rental sites (A Place Like Home, etc.) and I would have to check, but it seems to me that Foxton's weekly price is less expensive than the price charged by the holiday rental sites.

london
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: I'm in Desperate Need of Help Finding an Apt in next 48hrs

jokemaker ... just wondering whether you took that flat in Upper Street and whether you've arrived safely

jokemaker323
Level Contributor
278 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: I'm in Desperate Need of Help Finding an Apt in next 48hrs

i actually lost the flat to someone else but it was no problem because i ended up in a nice flat in the same area just a few blocks from upper street and i really like the area :) thanks!

Edited: 11 May 2012, 11:13
london
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: I'm in Desperate Need of Help Finding an Apt in next 48hrs

glad to hear everything turned out well ... enjoy

19. Re: I'm in Desperate Need of Help Finding an Apt in next 48hrs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 21:40