We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

extended parking at Stanmore Station

Barnsley, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
extended parking at Stanmore Station

We want to park at Stanmore from Tursday evening 24th May 2012 until Tuesday 29th May 2012. We have parked there over a weekend before and had no problem. Will we be able to park for the above period of time?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,111 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: extended parking at Stanmore Station

Yes you can park there, you just need to put adequate funds in the meter.

As an alternative if you continue past the station and take the first left you will find some free parking. Be attentive though because some stretches are free and others have a 1 hour (between 3 and 4pm) residents only limit.

London
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: extended parking at Stanmore Station

Do what I suggest to other people who are coming down M1, park in Edgware which is suburb of London, and use the tube in. It is near Stanmore.

Parts of Edgware DO have restrictions 7 days a week, and some until midnight with traffic wardens patrolling. But where I propose you park is aobut a 10 min walk to station, near where I live, and there are no restrictions at all.

Come off M1 at J4 go down to roundabout and take 2nd exit off (Green Lane), which has a new development of flats at top of road (Evolution). Go down the road, until a turning on the right called Oakleigh Gardens, and park there. It is just before a width restriction. I can assure you this road is fine, failing that then turn right off that into Kings Drive and park there., no restrictions at all for parking at any time. Beware other road do have restrictions. Your car should be fine for a few days as long as you leave nothing visible.

From Oakleigh Gardens walk back to Green Lane and turn right, walk right to the bottom of the road (looks longer than it is), and at the bottom turn left into Manor Park Crescent. Walk to top of the road, and turn left (this is Station Road, Edgware), and the tube station is about 200 yards down on the right.

If you want any more information, please message me.

Edgware tube is on the Northern line - and there are 2 branches depending on where your final destination is.

Dont do as first reply has said and park down the side of station as you are during the week and cos of restrictions you are likely to come back to a "present" from the traffic wardens.

Boston, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: extended parking at Stanmore Station

Just been reading your post - are things still the same down there as I'm coming down on the 7th Nov afternoon returning on Monday the 8th November also afternoon and could do with a 24 hour slot. Many thanks for you help - Ian

London
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: extended parking at Stanmore Station

Just follow what i have suggested and you will be fine, enjoy your trip

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: extended parking at Stanmore Station

hi jus read this post. Is parking still the same down there

Leicestershire...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: extended parking at Stanmore Station

Gil57 your a star! We parked where you suggested yesterday (27/12/13) No problems at all, and an easy walk to Edgeware tube. Shame the Northern Line was closed this evening, had to take 2 buses from Camden! Thanks so much for the useful tip. Becky :)

London
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: extended parking at Stanmore Station

Glad you found my directions helpful. The Northern line often has engineering works at weekends, but at least you managed with the bus, and drove through other areas of London! It is always worth checking on Transport for London site (www.tfl.gov.uk) for closures etc.

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: extended parking at Stanmore Station

Hello, cn I still follow ur directions for parking? Any changes on the parking there?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,136 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: extended parking at Stanmore Station

Gil hasn't posted much on the forum lately but you could always try sending her a PM. As far as I am aware you can still do what she suggests.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: extended parking at Stanmore Station

I am planning to follow your advice regarding parking in Edgeware. Are the parking regulations still unchanged?

Many thanks,

Jon