We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton Court Palace

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hampton Court Palace

We will be staying near Victoria station. I have heard great things about Hampton Court Palace. How long would it take to go there from Victoria station. Should it be among the top things on my list to do while in London?

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,488 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hampton Court Palace

I guess the simplest way is Victoria Line tube to Vauxhall. then train to Hampton Court, every 30 minutes throughout the day. The palace is a very short walk across the Thames from the station. Only you can decide whether it is worth it.Itdepends on your own interests and how long you are in London.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,897 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hampton Court Palace

I would take a train from Victoria main line station to Clapham Junction, and change for the Hampton Court train there. The overall journey from Victoria takes 40-50 minutes, leaving at 02 or 23 minutes past the hour.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,848 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hampton Court Palace

Hampton Court Palace is a wonderful day out-- count on 30 minutes each way by train from London, and at least a half day actually there.

The Tudor Kitchens, the grounds, the re-enactors, the banquet hall...it will be a memorable day.

Tasmania, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hampton Court Palace

Definately worth a visit, beautiful rooms, gardens and great re-enactments. Allow at least four/five hours, if not longer.

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,816 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hampton Court Palace

Not sure when you plan to visit but the annual flower show will be on in early July.

6. Re: Hampton Court Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 06:42