We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel for Heathrow

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gibraltar, Europe
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel for Heathrow

I am finding comparison of Heathrow hotels a bit difficult because they are listed under different places.

I am staying at the airport one night prior to leaving from Terminal 3 on an 8 am flight. I have used the Days Inn at Hounslow and found it a good price and easy access (thanks Travellerplus) but when I have gone to book this time I have found some 4 * hotels at the same price - and the Ibis really well priced. Can anyone advise me about location for getting to the airport in the morning. If it is going to be hard work, I will stick with Days Inn which I found to be of acceptable quality.

The Ibis works out at £10 less with wifi paid for, but the reviews criticise the comfort of the beds.

Sheraton Heathrow

Novotel Heathrow

Holiday Inn Heathrow

Arora Heathrow

Are all about the same price, I found the maps of the area a little challenging, I cannot work out where the free buses run, so if anyone has any comments to make to point me in the direction of one of those hotels I would be very grateful.

The following 4* are all the same price,

London
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel for Heathrow

Of the hotels listed, the Ibis is (just) outside the free bus zone.

Do be aware that there are two Sheratons in the Heathrow area, and no less than 3 Holiday Inn's, so make sure you know which one you are looking at. The Holiday Inn M4 is not on a free bus route.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,236 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel for Heathrow

To be honest airports all tend to be much of a muchness in feel with the facilities being the difference between say a budget Ibis and a 4 star Sheraton. If you just want somewhere to rest your head then the Ibis or The Days Inn will be fine but if you want a better bed (hopefully) or a fancier restaurant (and are happy to pay for same) then a deal at the Sheraton might be worth considering.

The Ibis is only 100 yards or so outside the free bus zone so as long as you don't have too much luggage then it's an easy walk to the Harlington Corner bus stop at the start of the free zone.

Gibraltar, Europe
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel for Heathrow

Thanks Ealing and Adam

I have gone backwards and forwards with room combinations. Much too much time considering we will be checking out by 5.45 am!

I booked the Holiday Inn on Bath Road. It was a good price (only£44) on its own website and I gain points. When I am very old I may have finally earned enough points to get a whole night stay or something.

4. Re: Which hotel for Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 22:16