We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pub to Watch Champs League final?

New York
7 posts
Save Topic
Pub to Watch Champs League final?

I'm possibly going to be in London on Saturday - looking for a pub with a good atmosphere to watch the Champions League Final. I'd prefer it be more of a mixed crowd rather than Chelsea specific. I found a good list here: www.worldsoccerbars.com/london-soccer-bars - but it's hard to say which would best fit the bill.

What can you recommend?

Market Harborough...
Level Contributor
11 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pub to Watch Champs League final?

If you can afford to pay a but more for your drinks head for the West End for bars with a decent atmosphere and mixed support - you might even find some Bayern Munich fans!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,549 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pub to Watch Champs League final?

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k5405803

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pub to Watch Champs League final?

The big question is "where will you be"?

The list you have referred to is a pretty good guide to be honest, it mentions some old favourites plus some I'd not heard of, but it's well researched, albeit a bit spread out and for a visitor, a postcode doesn't give you much clue where a pub is in relation to where you're working or staying.

Some of the pubs might be half an hour and a couple or three tube changes from where you are, such is the size of London. Give us a starting point, and we should, collectively, be able to give you a good football pub within ten minutes travel or a single tube ride.

New York
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pub to Watch Champs League final?

Cheers. Thanks for the feedback. Turns out I'll be in Paris during the match. Gonna head there and start a new thread.

Springfield...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pub to Watch Champs League final?

I'm arriving to London Saturday and will be staying in Kensington. Any recommended pubs in the area to watch the match?

London
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pub to Watch Champs League final?

notablenews - The Three Kings is the obvious choice; www.sportspubs.co.uk/new_detail.php…

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pub to Watch Champs League final?

The Famous Three Kings is usually full of Chelsea fans whenever they are playing, thought it is undeniably an excellent football bar. If you want a mixed fan base I'd maybe give that a miss. Anywhere east of Hyde Park should have a decent smattering of Chelsea fans willing their team on and fans of Tottenham/Arsenal/Man Utd, etc... backing Bayern. The Green Man on Berwick Street has a decent big screen and generally has a good atmosphere when football is being played.

8. Re: Pub to Watch Champs League final?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 01:41