We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Parking

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport Parking

Does Gatwick South Terminal have Valet Parking and if so, how much. I like the idea of parking at the airport but it's taking so long to trawl through all the forums, and I can't really find one that's about airport parking. Can anyone suggest and companies that are reliable and value for money. I've heard stories of cars being taken off site and abused, so a little worried.

Many thanks

Christine

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,461 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Parking

There are hundreds of trains every day between London and Gatwick Airport - no need to drive.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,248 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Parking

With respect Wirewiper, I live in London and from where I am travelling to Gatwick is a pain, so we drive.

http://www.gatwickairport.com/parking/valet/ is the 'official' airport valet parking provider and we have used this several times with no problems.

london
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Parking

Hello, we used Tudor Rose at Gatwick this weekend.

It was cheaper than the regular long stay (non-valet) parking (albeit that there are discounts on pre-booking for that, which I couldn't get, because I booked same day), they park it 3 miles away, call when you get onto the M23, they will be waiting for you in the drop-off area outside the terminal, then call again when you have picked up your bags, and they will be waiting in the same spot.

We took two children under 10, we arrived back at 1am, and just getting out of the airport, into the car, sleep, home in 30 minutes, I wouldn't consider taking public transport to an airport, changing trains, hauling luggage up and down steps,c omplete nightmare.

Edited: 15 May 2012, 11:32
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,558 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Parking

Wehave often used APH and have always had good service, see www.aph.com They are about 15mins drive away near Felbridge, if you sign up you might get some offers.

London, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Parking

We live outside London so can't get a direct train to Gatwick, hence driving, otherwise we would consider. :-(

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,848 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Parking

From outside London, we also found it convenient to use a meet & greet service and have used Tudor Rose on more than one occasion.

The last time my husband even had them wash the car the day of our return, and they did a great job, for the same amount we would have paid locally.

If memory serves they will even do oil changes and such.

Perhaps they have branched out and will cook your dinner as well...;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Parking

We used Looking4Parking Meet and Greet on 19th May and were really pleased with the service. We rang them when we were 20 minutes from the airport to let them know we were due to arrive. We arrived at the airport at 6am and were met a couple of minutes later by one of their drivers. After checking the car over, he gave us a receipt for the car. On our return, we were 2 hours late landing but once we collected our luggage, we rang to let them know and they arrived about a minute after us at the arranged location. We've tried various methods of travel to airports such as someone giving us a lift, taxi, coach, and train, but this is the best method and the least stressful method yet. We were both really pleased with the service and would definitely use them again.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,071 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Parking

I book airport parking through Holiday Extras. They usually have good rates and use various car parks around the airports.

They are a reliable company, so have never encountered any problems with them at LHR, LGW or STN

9. Re: Airport Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 July 2012, 09:35
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Parking

I used Gatwick Sky One parking, it was lovely, friendly staff! I just used it last week for a couple of days.

I ordered it from Looking4Parking.com?

Not sure if anyone has heard of that. I was a little bit concerned about my car, I usually park at Birmingham but that service was alright. I didn't mind booking on the website either, I'm usually really worried about giving my bank details over the internet ya know?

Anyone used Stress-Free Airport Parking at Southampton Port? If so can you tell me how that went? Thinking of booking up for the cruise I'm going on.