We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 for 1 confusion on my part**oyster help too !

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
2 for 1 confusion on my part**oyster help too !

howdi all,

four days in the UK:

I'm headed to London Monday, arrive tuesday, my friend is going to pick me up from the airport and I'll stay two-nights with her at the south end on the sea,

on my 3rd day we both we'll come back to London center, by train, when I buy that train ticket into London center, does that train ticket qualify for the 2 for 1 specials? and do I have to print a coupon or voucher before leaving? does a one-way in ticket count as the paper ticket?

the oyster - so while I'm at Heathrow, I should also buy a oyster card and put $10 pounds on it?

my fourth day - no discounts like 2 for 1 because we have no paper train ticket?

many thanks for your guidance !

-jeannette

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 2 for 1 confusion on my part**oyster help too !

this is the travel card ?

http://www.londontravelpass.com/prices.html

Parkland ty, I'm not sure what she has but I've got an email from her and she will look at the 2 for 1's , I don't think she has used them before.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,019 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 2 for 1 confusion on my part**oyster help too !

I'm not sure what she has

----------------------------------------------------

Then I would wait until you know this (you don't need to buy anything beforehand anyway). She could easily buy travelcards if required, with or without rail tickets for both of you.

Ignore the site above which has incorrect and out of date info. Go to the official London transport site with more than you ever thought you'd need to know about Oysters, travelcards and everything else. And the 241 site if you haven't already done so:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/default.aspx

daysoutguide.co.uk/attraction-types/2for1lon…

Edited: 16 May 2012, 18:22
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 2 for 1 confusion on my part**oyster help too !

ty for your help Parkland, I printed off a couple of vouchers

14. Re: 2 for 1 confusion on my part**oyster help too !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 01:42