We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In London one night. What are to stay?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
47 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
In London one night. What are to stay?

I will be in London on July 3 after a trip to Ireland. What is a good area to stay in? I might take in a show, and I would like to see Tower of London and some touristy things. Any suggestions for a good central area as well as what to do? It's been over 30 years since I was in London.

Thanks, Kelly

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,391 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In London one night. What are to stay?

Instead of suggesting a hotel that is central for sightseeing but not suitable for your transport needs, please let us know a bit more about your stay.

To which of London's six airports will you fly from Ireland, and at what time of day does your flight arrive? Will you depart the next day by air (again from which airport) or by rail, and at what time? Have you a budget (in £) in mind for a hotel?

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
47 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In London one night. What are to stay?

I arrive in Heathrow around 11:00 a.m., and leave at 10:00 the next day out of Heathrow. I'd like to keep the hotel under $200.

I am also considering taking a train to a small town rather than doing the big city.

Thanks, Kelly

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,391 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In London one night. What are to stay?

The London Elizabeth Hotel has rooms for about £140 per night; more central is the Z Hotel in Soho with rooms from £150 per night.

More modest are the Tune Hotels. The Westminster location (not far from Lambeth North station) has rooms with windows from £80 per night; a double at the Tune Paddington will cost £60. These rates don't include what you may consider necessities so check the website before booking.

If a stay in London doesn't appeal, would you consider a night in Windsor?

4. Re: In London one night. What are to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 03:41