We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ipad apps for London(transport, museums etc)?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,396 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
ipad apps for London(transport, museums etc)?

hi

since yesterday I'm an iPad owner and I was wondering wether there are any good Apps I should know about.

I've brought some over from my iPhone, like Lonely Planet guide, time out guide, tube map, national gallery. But I was wondering wether ther are any more such as an app which also includes train travel(like TFL has on their website) and more for museums/galleires.

Thanks!

Inge

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ipad apps for London(transport, museums etc)?

I found this

londontransportapp.com/

No idea if it's any good as I've never seen an app! Just found this on google.

I imagine if museums have apps they'll be listed on their web pages but don't know if that is correct.

london
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ipad apps for London(transport, museums etc)?

There are quite a few.

E.g.,

…apple.com/gb/…

…apple.com/gb/app/national-trust/id360792792…

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,396 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ipad apps for London(transport, museums etc)?

thanks, I'll have a look at the links . I searched for London in the iPad store but couldnt find the national trust

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
889 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ipad apps for London(transport, museums etc)?

I have a London tube app on my ipad. It's really good. As well as showing all the tube lines, gives updates in real time about service, delays, etc. My daughter put it on for me - I'm still a bit computer illiterate.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,524 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ipad apps for London(transport, museums etc)?

I'll be watching this too as I just got an ipod touch and the apps are similar. Does anyone know how the wifi is just walking around (I think 02 was starting a free wifi that was going to cover the streets, but I'm not sure how it's working), as I won't have a data plan or anything (don't know if you can even get that for the touch).

I'd like one for buses, but I don't know if there's one that doesn't require wifi. (Haven't really started investigating yet.)

I'm pretty sure the Museum of London has one that will find your location by GPS and show you photos of where you are now and a long time ago (not sure of the dates in there), but I don't know the details. It's on their website, though.

Edited: 21 May 2012, 09:04
Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,396 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ipad apps for London(transport, museums etc)?

bgtm oh that sounds cool, will have a look thanks! Dont know about the wifi though

dragonlady the tube app was one if the ines I brought over.

Edited: 21 May 2012, 18:48
Roeselare, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ipad apps for London(transport, museums etc)?

Here's another one watching for answers... I got my Ipad right before my last London journey, so I'm still discovering how it works. Where did you find the London tube app, OrangeTigger? Btgm, your mentioning of free wifi all around London definitely sounds cool. However, while I was there, I haven't experienced such luck. Lots of restaurants and coffee places offer free wifi though. I will also check the Museum of London website, that sounds intriguing!

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ipad apps for London(transport, museums etc)?

Here's an ecstatic review for a new London app. Sounds like it could be very useful.

http://tinyurl.com/ccdtbbu

9. Re: ipad apps for London(transport, museums etc)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 08:16