We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thames Pageant - seeing boats before & after..

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shepperton...
Level Contributor
270 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Thames Pageant - seeing boats before & after..

I'd love to see some of the boats going up to the Thames Pageant. I see that the boats will muster near Hammersmith Bridge - but with 100 boats surely there will be lots of boats working their way up the Thames in the morning? As we live so close to the Thames I was hoping we could go down as see the boats working their way down to the muster point - but I can't seem to find any information on when would be a good time to go and look.

Has anyone else found out about this? Official website and facebook page don't say anything. I've even emailed them directly - no reply....

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,728 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thames Pageant - seeing boats before & after..

Try local papers or local people on, say, Twitter. Most news is announced there first. I thought I read a few days ago that the boats were travelling downstream about 4 days in advance.

Search for Teddington Town

Hampton News

Richmond & Twickenham Times,

Surrey Comet etc, etc

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,728 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thames Pageant - seeing boats before & after..

I understand many of the Little Boats are at Teddington Lock now and tomorrow.

London, England
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thames Pageant - seeing boats before & after..

Just spoken to a chap who is on a tall ship and he is embarking at Tower Bridge at 8ish (I think he said).

No doubt boats will be arriving at all different times and from different places.

London, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thames Pageant - seeing boats before & after..

I don't think they will all be coming down the Thames, I did see some on the back of lorries on the M4 this morning. Apparently they are all gathering in West India Quay in Canary Wharf today, so that could be an interesting site for the next couple of days

5. Re: Thames Pageant - seeing boats before & after..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 11:15