We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princess Louise Pub

Burlingame...
Level Contributor
259 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Princess Louise Pub

I've read so many wonderful things about the Princess Louise pub, the Victorian architecture, deco, etc. But how is the food? I'd like to stop by there for a meal.

Mentioned in this post
Princess Louise
Princess Louise
241 Reviews
London, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,356 Reviews
from US$131.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,127 Reviews
from US$139.80*
US$155.40
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
512 Reviews
from US$118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$349.20*
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,885 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Princess Louise Pub

It's not the sort of pub where one goes for the food but I believe it's standard "pub fayre" which means pre prepared burgers and the like.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
8,738 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Princess Louise Pub

Do they even do food? I've never noticed anyone eating in there, and Sam Smiths' pubs usually only do sandwich / scotch egg type stuff, if anything.

Either way, as Adam says, it's very much a drinkers pub with the low prices to reflect that.

London
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Princess Louise Pub

As Canucks says, as a Sam Smith's brewery pub, the options will be limited. Sam Smith's are somewhat quirky in the modern world, as they only sell their own branded products: Sam Smith Bitters, Sam Smiths Lagers, Sam Smith's Ciders, Sam Smith's cola's, etc etc. - you get the drift.

The same philosophy extends to food, where landlords or pub managers cannot put their own menus together, the only food on offer is the standard, corporate menu. So in short, yes they do food, but it will be pre-cooked, pre-packaged, and not very enticing.

London
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Princess Louise Pub

I wouldn't eat there. I'd either have a drink there and eat somewhere else or visit a pub that does decent food!

London
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Princess Louise Pub

Just a suggestion, but I would have a drink or two in the Princess Louise (it IS well worth a visit), and then take a short stroll to the Ship Tavern, (in a small side street behind Holborn Tube station), which is also a fine pub, and has an excellent menu.

http://www.theshiptavern.co.uk/

Edited: 24 May 2012, 12:27
Mentioned in this post
Princess Louise
Princess Louise
241 Reviews
London, UK
Holborn
Holborn
61 Reviews
London, UK
Burlingame...
Level Contributor
259 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Princess Louise Pub

Thank, you, everyone, for your input. London is expensive enough as it is without spending money on mediocre food. And the Ship Tavern's menu sounds wonderful.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
7. Re: Princess Louise Pub

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:42