We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good pub grub in Belgravia or Knightsbridge

Burlingame...
Level Contributor
259 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Good pub grub in Belgravia or Knightsbridge

Can anyone recommend any pubs that serve decent grub in the Belgravia or Knightsbridge areas?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,460 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good pub grub in Belgravia or Knightsbridge

Not spectacular but more than decent food and very fine Fullers beers - www.fullers.co.uk/rte.asp…

London, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good pub grub in Belgravia or Knightsbridge

Standard pub grub menu - reasonably priced - at

http://www.thewiltonarms.co.uk/

And it's a few doors down from The Nags Head - you can get a decent pint here, but not food, and the service can be a bit.....:eccentric I think you might say. The interior of the place is full of all sorts of bric a brac and stuff.

Kinnerton St is a nice little oasis away from the hustle and bustle of SW1

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Good pub grub in Belgravia or Knightsbridge

Closer to Sloane Square, but very good food www.fullers.co.uk/rte.asp… The website says they are closed on Sunday, but we visited the Antelope a couple of weeks ago and they had a sign advertising their Sunday roast. If it's busy downstairs, check to see if the upstairs is open.

[A bit of a clarification to Surrycelt's post, you can get food at the Nag's Head - but the food is terrible - the Nag's Head is, however, a great little quirky pub].

Edited: 28 May 2012, 18:43
4. Re: Good pub grub in Belgravia or Knightsbridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2016, 21:00
Burlington, New...
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good pub grub in Belgravia or Knightsbridge

To add a further question, I read on a real estate link that gave a breakdown of belgravia in many aspects as a guide for possible buyers.It stated that pubs in the Belgravia area do not allow outside drinking.

Is this true?

Thanks,

Joe

London, United...
Level Contributor
404 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good pub grub in Belgravia or Knightsbridge

I think the Britannia, at 1 Allen St (Kensington - just west of Knightsbridge) is an excellent pub for food. When in doubt use the online Good Food Pub Guide.. a great resource. http://www.thegoodpubguide.co.uk/

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,820 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good pub grub in Belgravia or Knightsbridge

"To add a further question, I read on a real estate link that gave a breakdown of belgravia in many aspects as a guide for possible buyers.It stated that pubs in the Belgravia area do not allow outside drinking."

Don't really know the area in question but it's fairly common these days (especially in cities) for certain areas to be designated as "no street drinking areas". This doesn't apply to the actual pubs grounds though, so if for example they have a beer garden or patio area with tables or chairs, these areas are usually exempt.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1217132/City-to…

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good pub grub in Belgravia or Knightsbridge

"It stated that pubs in the Belgravia area do not allow outside drinking. Is this true?"

I'm not entirely sure Joe. They do seem to be more discreet about it, i.e. I have noted that there is a distint lack of pubs with a lot of tables and umbrellas that would encourage outside drinking, but many a summer I've drank (standing up) outside at The Star Tavern and The Wilton and not been told off. I expect many don't put tables out because of space on the side streets, but on busy evenings you almost have no choice but to stand outside. It's not as heavily policed as in some towns I've been to in say, the US and Canada, put it that way... step outside the roped area with glass in hand there and you're in trouble! If there is such a rule in Belgravia they seem relaxed about it.

Burlington, New...
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Good pub grub in Belgravia or Knightsbridge

Canucks, I'm taking notes. However if I visit all the pubs on my list and have one pint, I'll be able to fly home unassisted, haha.

After all pubs are very much part of the culture and I have to do my due dilligence.

Hope to see you soon,maybe talk a little Hockey,

Joe

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good pub grub in Belgravia or Knightsbridge

I'll see you here for a pint Joe, work allowing.