We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

river pageant viewing ??????

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
midlands
Level Contributor
69 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
river pageant viewing ??????

hello we are coming into london on sunday for the river pageant

i know its going to be busy but can anyone recommend any good viewing areas ???? or and pubs or restaurants that could be good for viewing ?????

thanks

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: river pageant viewing ??????

www.thamesdiamondjubileepageant.org

This site will provide you with all the information you need, including interactive maps.

midlands
Level Contributor
69 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: river pageant viewing ??????

Thanks for that ,, I've already seen that but just wondered if someone with local knowledge new of any good view points

Thanks

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: river pageant viewing ??????

For some good views head towards the embankment opposite Battersea. There are not many pubs or restaurants down that end but the views are great. The bridges are closed and the river at Embankment and London eye will be packed.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,223 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: river pageant viewing ??????

Unless you're prepared to camp out overnight or get in place extremely early (and stay there), I suspect your chances of finding a good viewing point are going to be limited if non existent. I would either find a restaurant or cafe on the river with views that is taking reservations or find a big screen somewhere.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: river pageant viewing ??????

There will be specific viewpoints along the Thames along with a number of large screens showing the display. Your best bet would be to try and get hold of a copy of the Sunday Times magazine from a couple of days ago as the opening three pages contained all the information you need including where general and disabled viewing spots are, where the screens will be, what's happening in the parks etc etc.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,783 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: river pageant viewing ??????

Is there a definitive answer as to where the Queen disembarks? Before Tower Bridge / after Tower Bridge / Blackfriars ??? I've heard and read a number of places.

I'm trying to decide on my own standing place. I'd love to go, but I can't see the point of going just to watch it on the screens. I'd be better off watching on TV at home, so trying to work out how far downstream I can go and still get to see the Queen (hopefully!!) I have my flags ready for waving ☺

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: river pageant viewing ??????

And afterwards go downriver of London Bridge, where you'll see more than 47 tall ships that are too large to pass under London Bridge.Although the official route comes to an end at Tower Bridge, the majority of boats will continue on towards Greenwich.

The Queen will disembark at President Quay, next to Tower Bridge, at 4:30 acccording to what I've read - is that different from what you've heard? If it says Tower Bridge / President Quay / St Katherine's Dock, that's all the same landing point.

Edited: 29 May 2012, 17:45
Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,783 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: river pageant viewing ??????

Excellent. Thanks, Glyn.

midlands
Level Contributor
69 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: river pageant viewing ??????

thanks all for your replies

very helpful

weell be there to join in the occasion but whether we see any boats is another matter

never mind we can always go and watch it in the pub laTER

I thought there might be some pubs along the way doing a viewing and meal deals,,, we shall have to see on theday

the usual boats that do the river cruises are tagging along at the back of the pageant and charging about 250 quid for a champagne lunch

robbing bleeders x

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: river pageant viewing ??????

Somewhere down the line I am sure I read that the Queen was disembarking near Blackfrairs to watch the rest of the flotilla go past but I was either misinformed or I misread something. Apologies.

The official website makes it clear that "The Royal Barge will halt when she reaches the Royal Naval Research base, HMS President, just down river of Tower Bridge at around 16:15, and Her Majesty The Queen will watch the rest of the flotilla as it floats past. The bascules of Tower Bridge will open in salute and will stay open for the rest of the Pageant."

So it's HMS President not President's Quay.

thamesdiamondjubileepageant.org/…