We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

England vs Ukraine at wembley

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
227 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
England vs Ukraine at wembley

Hi i was wanting to buy tickets to england vs wembley. What is the best area to sit ? i know it personal preference but any advice would be great. most expensive tickets are 65 and cheapest are 35. Im happy to pay the 65. Having never been to football in England i wasn't sure. I've been to Football (soccer) at the MCG and been on the top tier and felt to far away is it the same at wembley? i have had a look at there website at the view from my seat.

Thank you jacob

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: England vs Ukraine at wembley

On what date is this supposed to take place ?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
227 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: England vs Ukraine at wembley

11 sept 2012 wc qualifier

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: England vs Ukraine at wembley

Whilst the upper tiers are quite high, they are not as remote as those at the MCG.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,370 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: England vs Ukraine at wembley

I've sat in both, the lower tier is worth the extra £30 IMO.

I found that the view from the top tier was good in terms of seeing the game tactically, but you do well to recognise any individual players, you might spot the more obvious but you'll have trouble telling certain players apart. The seating is steep, and if you're towards the back then your view of the rest of the stadium (if that's important) is not as complete as the roof is close above you so you feel a bit closed in, if that makes sense. On the upside you're guaranteed of staying warm and dry in even the most foul conditions.

Halfway up the bottom tier, the seating is flatter and you can look around 360 degrees to see the whole stadium, I quite liked that. You can see all the individual players all over the pitch and even their expressions. The first 20 rows can be more exposed to the elements on windy wet nights, but of course this is football not opera, so I'm sure you don't mind that.

I've got some pictures from (a) the top tier from this year (daytime club match) and (b) the bottom tier (nightime England match) if you need to see them.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
227 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: England vs Ukraine at wembley

Thx for the detailed answer I'm leaning towards lower section. I'm used to some pretty bad weather so that doesn't bother me. I'm really looking forward to seeing some English football hopefully it's a good game.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: England vs Ukraine at wembley

I attend every game and I concur, it is not worth any money to sit in the upper tier.

Buy any available ticket for the lower tier. Not all of the tickets in the lower tier are £65. Even the cheapest category has seats in level 1. Yesterday i paid £25 to sit 3 rows back from the goal.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
227 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: England vs Ukraine at wembley

Thx for all the info i have purchased my tickets In Block 103 Row 5. Nice and close to the action. Also this may be a stupid question but I'm going to ask it any way. When going to the game would it be fine to wear a Chelsea Fc Jersey. i know that the away supporters for club games are separted from home supporters as it is a international game. would it be a problem?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: England vs Ukraine at wembley

some people wear club shirts to wembley. i don't really approve but you will not be alone.

be sure to head up to The Green Man first to soak up the pre-match atmosphere

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
227 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: England vs Ukraine at wembley

ok thx i could always wear my socceroos shirt? Not the best idea i would imagine. Im really looking forward to hopefully england does well in Euro 2012 and gets big support.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,370 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: England vs Ukraine at wembley

I never think there's much point in wearing a club shirt or one from another country if niether are playing, but on the upside it's not a "bad" idea as such, no-one will mind. With London being so cosmopolitan you do see it quite a bit, off the top of my head I saw 3 guys wearing Holland shirts in front of me at an England Vs Bulgaria game.