We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What the heck! We're doing it! (Again!)

Sooner Nation
Level Contributor
444 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
What the heck! We're doing it! (Again!)

Well, I made up my mind last night. My daughter and I are going back to London again this year. This will be the second time in three years we'll be in London on her birthday (New Year's Eve). Wasted last NYE in Edinburgh. We're looking at the exact same dates as the last two years. 12/27 - 1/3.

We've asked my parents if they want to join us this time. Don't know how I feel about that. It was so special just the two of us last time, but it could be nice to have someone to share the responsiblity of everything with. Maybe even send my daughter and my mom shopping and hit some pubs with the old man! =)

I must insist upon a TALF meeting sometime during my trip! I will not take no for an answer! ;)

Borough Market
Flea & Street Markets
Camden Market
Flea & Street Markets,
Covent Garden
Flea & Street Markets, Points of Interest & Landmarks,
Maltby Street Market
Flea & Street Markets
london
Level Contributor
946 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What the heck! We're doing it! (Again!)

Did you not like NYE in Edinburgh?? They have much better festivities than London.

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
946 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What the heck! We're doing it! (Again!)

Travelzoo's top twenty has a special listed now for a trip to London over New Year's.

Sooner Nation
Level Contributor
444 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What the heck! We're doing it! (Again!)

Thanks Avian! I'll have to check it out!

No offense to anyone, but I just didn't care for Edinburgh at all stempler. Not my cup of tea. Although, I suppose it could have been the company I was in.....

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What the heck! We're doing it! (Again!)

Morjem ~> I'm offended and I had to get a stuffed animal to hug due to your comment about Edinburgh.

To each there own! London has pizzazz that is for sure. Edinburgh comes more to life in the summer and around Tattoo time.

Sooner Nation
Level Contributor
444 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What the heck! We're doing it! (Again!)

Oh my word! Onward I am so sorry! ; ) It's not a kitty is it???

Perhaps my dislike of Edinburgh was the weather, but I blame it more on being with my brother and the hills... I don't know how it is possible, but I swear to you, I never walked down a hill the entire time we were there. It was always up! You know those old men who talk about walking 20 miles in the snow, up hill both ways? I'm convinced they once lived in Edinburgh.

Anyway, the whole time I was trudging up the hills, I just kept thinking, "I could be in London right now".

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,962 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What the heck! We're doing it! (Again!)

A New Years Eve TALF pub meet? Hmmm, we had better start saving the pennies now.

Hopefully we will get to meet you Morjem.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What the heck! We're doing it! (Again!)

YAY! I'm already looking forward to your trip report. Sorry you didn't care for Edinburgh, but to each her own.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What the heck! We're doing it! (Again!)

Let's discontinue placating Morjem's little fit about Edinburgh. I'm sure she would like it in a more pleasant time of the year.

Morjem ~> I thought of the movie "The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain" when I heard your lamentations about trudging up hills. If you've seen it you will know what I mean watching the town folk marching up the hill.

whoops, I lied about the stuffed animal

Sooner Nation
Level Contributor
444 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What the heck! We're doing it! (Again!)

Thanks Dix! I already can't wait and I haven't even done anything yet!

Adam ~ I've had a really good feeling about this weeks lotto, so if I win... Drinks are on me! =)

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What the heck! We're doing it! (Again!)

Morjem, as long as we're sharing, I'll confess I don't get the attraction of Edinburgh, although my spouse and I are the only people I know who are not enamoured with it. We were there for 5 days in an October, including my birthday, but we came away saying, what's all the excitement about? Sorry Onward.