We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pasties and sausage rolls

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
979 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Pasties and sausage rolls

I am lucky to have two pasty shops within walking distance of my hotel. My question is: can you buy the pasties and rolls hot so that they can be eaten out of hand? I won't have access to a microwave or oven. thank you.

london
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Pasties and sausage rolls

On the subject of sausage rolls, although they don't really go with Cornish Pasties as they are made with a different pastry, the West Cornwall Pasty Company sausages rolls are actually quite good. Better than Greggs at least.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,875 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Pasties and sausage rolls

In the north of England, there are Turnips (swedes), also referred to as "bagies" (presumably from "rutabaga") and White Turnips. Both are delicious, mashed, with lots of butter.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,771 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Pasties and sausage rolls

This thread is starting to look very similar to the great Lancashire Hotpot debate (actually in a thread about Yorkshire Pudding!) of a few weeks ago. Perhaps we should start a sticky on Traditional British Recipes (variations on....)

Edited: 19 June 2012, 12:04
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Pasties and sausage rolls

Well this is an interesting topic!

I love pasties and sausage rolls but don't usually buy them hot to eat on the hoof so to speak. If I did I would try and find a local butcher selling them but at a push would go to Greggs. Another possibility for you might be find a supermarket with a hot food counter. They are quite common these days and seem to do a good trade.

I am not entering into the intricacies of what exactly constitutes a good pasty with ingredients. They really do differ even down to pastry. I like them all.

Happy Eating!

25. Re: Pasties and sausage rolls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 05:16