We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Travelcard

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
560 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
London Travelcard

I am now a bit confused...too much in the way of information, too many transportation options!

We are staying in Bromley, near the Elmstead Woods station in May for 4 nights. I have been reading that the London Travelcard covers the greater London area by train - will this be included?

Thanks - I think I'll be spending more time researching than we will spend our two weeks in Europe!

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: London Travelcard

Yes it will. Elmstead Woods station is in zone 4. trains go every half hour to London Charing Cross, taking about a half hour.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
560 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Travelcard

Thank you! I was starting to get worried that I'd need a whole separate train pass.

I was reading that you can buy them ahead of time, yet we'd need an immigration-size photo to get the pass once we are there. What is the best route to get them?

I appreciate the help, thank you very much.

Boston...
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Travelcard

most tube stations have the photo booths in them for your travel card! just have change, i think they cost ��3.50

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: London Travelcard

You don't need a photocard for travelcards or bus passes lasting seven days or less. But as this is a recent change we cannot confirm that the station booking clerk will be aware, and you may wish to bring a couple of recent passport-sized photographs, just in case.

For days when you don't need to travel into Central London, you can buy a cheaper one-day travelcard which doesn't include Zone 1 (4.00 GBP compared wth 6.00 GBP), or a bus pass covering all zones (3.00 GBP). Elmstead Woods is a select neighbourhood and is served by only one bus route, but there are many possible connections at Bromley and Eltham (e.g. to Greenwich):

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/314.htm