We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to visit London!

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
Save Topic
First time to visit London!

1. Is it safe to walk along from Paddington statiion to Rose Park Hotel( Londont St ) in a early morning or day time pls?

2. If I stay in London only for 4 days ( one day will go to a outlet for all day ), do you reconmend any kind of travel tickets?

3.I am going to Bicester Village outlet , do you know any travle agency can offer a course to pick us up at our hotel lobby and how much does it cost?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,868 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to visit London!

1) Yes

2) Oystercard with about £5 per day on it - you'll need some on your Bicester day as the train leaves from Marylebone

3) I'd just follow the advice on the website - bicestervillage.com/en/…getting-here-by-train - and make your own way there. Whether it's worth it for you to go there is another question. Don't forget that adult clothing has 20% tax added onto it which might be able to be reclaimed when you leave the EU

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to visit London!

1) Nice safe area, and only a 3 or 4 minute walk, no worries at all.

2) Agreed with Alan, buy an Oyster card on arrival and add some credit to use it to "pay as you go".

3) Again I agree with Alan... Bicester is well over an hour's drive from London, there are no set tours that I've ever heard of. Various taxi companies will gladly take you there but it will be really expensive, maybe £80 each way or more, money you can spend on yourself... the train journey is easy, go by rail and spend that money on your new clothes.

London
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to visit London!

Evan Evans run a daily bus directly to the shopping village;

evanevanstours.co.uk/bicester-village-shoppi…

Edited: 21 June 2012, 16:13
Solihull
Level Contributor
3,926 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to visit London!

If you only have 4 days in London it really is a waste of all (or a major part) of a day to go to Bicester Village.

While you MAY save some money in Bicester village I cant believe there is not somewhere in London where you can get some of this stuff at a discount.

London has so much to see even 4 days does not begin to give you enough time.

I lived there for 30 years, and have been back countles times since, but there is still whole sections of it I have never seen.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to visit London!

Remember you have to recoup the price of transport to the outlet before realizing any savings!

With your limited time in London - I'm sure you could do better shopping in the City.

Poppa

6. Re: First time to visit London!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2012, 19:19
Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,438 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to visit London!

Precisely because Bicester Village is heavily marketed in South East Asia, it is not wrong for others to give information the Bicester Village website won't be providing, eg that it's often possible to pick up bargains in Oxford Street and other shopping areas in London.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
145 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to visit London!

Just got back from London.

Felt safe everywhere I went at anytime day or night and I agree with Alan as well.

9. Re: First time to visit London!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 05:17