We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time to arrive at Gatwick before flight?

Florida
Level Contributor
90 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
How much time to arrive at Gatwick before flight?

We will be flying out of Gatwick to Venice. We are staying at a B&B on Ebury St and planning on taking the Gatwick Express to the airport. If our flight is at 13:50, what time should we plan on leaving London to leave ourselves enough time for the train, baggage check, security, bite to eat and then to board the flight on time?

Also, how long would it take to walk from the Lime Tree Hotel on Ebury St to Buckingham Palace? I'm thinking that the morning we leave, we might be able to walk up there and take some pics.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,566 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time to arrive at Gatwick before flight?

What does your airline say ?

With a 13.50 departure I would aim to get to Victoria by 10.20-arriving at Gatwick around 11am

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time to arrive at Gatwick before flight?

If flying on BA I would aim to be at Gatwick a bit more than 90 minutes before departure. If a budget airline rather longer.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much time to arrive at Gatwick before flight?

I would leave a 2 hour gap, no less as you never know how long you'll need for check in and security and if you want to have something to eat 90 minutes would be cutting it fine.

Also I wouldn't get the Gatwick express, Southern trains are much cheaper and theyre very frequent.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much time to arrive at Gatwick before flight?

I always plan to get to the airport at least 2 hours before departure time.

Havent missed a flight yet

5. Re: How much time to arrive at Gatwick before flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 November 2015, 15:58
6. Re: How much time to arrive at Gatwick before flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2013, 05:42