We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day trip to London and 2-4-1 offers

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
1 day trip to London and 2-4-1 offers

Hi All,

We are a group of four traveling by Eurostar from Paris to London just for 1 day. We arrive at St Pancras Int'l.

We would like to see the Tower of London especially. And any other attractions that would fit in the day!!

What is the best way to buy the tickets for traveling and to get the 2-4-1 offers and Group Save? We would arrive at St Pancras around 9.30am, and leave back to Paris in the early evening.

Many thanks in advance as slightly confused after reading the info about travel cards and paper tickets. I know we cannot use the oyster card to get the 2-4-1 offers. Could we get the 1 day travel card to use on the bus, train, and the tube and still get the 2-4-1 offers and can I buy this from a station at/near St Pancras.

Thank you!

P from Oz

london
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day trip to London and 2-4-1 offers

You can buy four one-day z1-2 travel cards at St Pancras itself, which would be valid for travel to the Tower and anywhere else within central London. These cost £7 each and are valid for 2-4-1.

It would actually be cheaper to buy a GroupSave 4 Southern-Only Epsom-London Off-Peak Day Travelcard. This costs £19.40 for 4, so £4.85 each, and are valid for zones 1-6. However while you could certainly ask, the Groupsave terms say these tickets are not for sale within central London: firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/tickets-and-fares/… So I doubt they'd sell them to you. However if they did, they'd be valid, and cheaper.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day trip to London and 2-4-1 offers

Hi somewhereinlondon,

We will do that then. Thanks so much for the info! It's a great help.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day trip to London and 2-4-1 offers

Hi somewhereinlondon,

We will do that then. Thanks so much for the info! It's a great help.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 day trip to London and 2-4-1 offers

You should be able to buy the Groupsave ticket online and pick it up at a ticket machine at St Pancras - First Great Western certainly offer to do this.

Shepperton...
Level Contributor
270 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 day trip to London and 2-4-1 offers

You can print off the 2-4-1 vouchers in advance of your trip. We did this yesterday and had the vouchers to hand when we went to the attractions:

http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/

They didn't even ask to see our train tickets, but I don't think I'd risk not having the train ticket.

Maryland
Level Contributor
518 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 day trip to London and 2-4-1 offers

dzug1, can you please give me the link to the site where I could book the groupsave ticket? We'll need tickets for 3 days would I be able to book them all at the same time? Thanks in advance :)

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 day trip to London and 2-4-1 offers

http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/ should do it - you can book them all at once

Maryland
Level Contributor
518 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 day trip to London and 2-4-1 offers

Thanks a ton dzug1, will check it out.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,019 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 day trip to London and 2-4-1 offers

The Tower of London is really something to see, but cou t on it taking several hours. Despite it's name, it is a Castle, not a tower, and I would count on spending a mimimum of 3 hours there.

Perhaps plan on seeing one other major attraction, like St. Paul's Cathedral, or Westminster Abbey, then spend the extra time strolling down the Thames.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1 day trip to London and 2-4-1 offers

Thanks to all you fabulous people for your replies!!