We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special restaurant - female meeting - cocktails - good food

London
7 posts
Save Topic
Special restaurant - female meeting - cocktails - good food

Although I work in London, I would be interested to see if anybody can recommend a good female location for good cocktails and decent well priced food. With perhaps a budget of £50-£60 per head for cocktails, wine & food.

I am meeting up with a friend I havent seen for a few years so we would like to meet for pre dinner cocktails and then carry on with dinner.

Location wise - ideally west end/ Baker Street/Charlotte Street/Kings Cross

Thanks

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Special restaurant - female meeting - cocktails - good food

So, you are saying that you wish to patronize an establishment with no males present?

Or, a place where two females would feel comfortable with a mix of males etc?

Have you asked any co-workers?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Special restaurant - female meeting - cocktails - good food

I'm not quite sure what constitutes a "female" location, but Mark's Bar at Hix Soho does fabulous cocktails - it gets busy though so you would need to arrive by around 7pm to be sure you can get a table.

http://www.hixsoho.co.uk/

However, I wouldn't recommend that you eat there - I was really disappointed by the restaurant (food average, price high, service appalling), so I would move on somewhere else for dinner afterwards. I'm a big fan of Inamo on Lower Regent Street for catching up with friends (they also do cocktails, but only have a small bar area):

http://www.inamo-stjames.com/

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Special restaurant - female meeting - cocktails - good food

You might need to up that budget. A couple of decent cocktails will be £30. I would've thought wine at £35-ish. Good food will be £50/hd on its own quite easily.

London
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Special restaurant - female meeting - cocktails - good food

Hi

Thanks for your replies

All I meant by "female" location was a good girlie place to meet and chat with a good vibe that wasnt too quiet that offered good cocktails, wine and food. Certainly dont have a problem with men being in attendance! I have asked friends and colleagues, but wanted to have a broader selection as it is a very special night. I frequently used TA for suggestions and info when travelling abroad and it always come up with some good options so thought I would do the same with London!

I did think of Hix, but then looked at food prices :)

Inamo looks a good suggestion and ticks all our boxes. Just wanted to somewhere we had the option of cocktails, food and wine so we werent chasing all over London and could concentrate on meeting up.

I did appreciate that the budget might be tight which is why I posted this link to see if I got any suggestions or ideas that I did not know about.

I think Inamo will do the trick many thanks for that suggestion.

London, United...
Level Contributor
346 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Special restaurant - female meeting - cocktails - good food

I'd suggest either one of the Vinoteca locations (http://www.vinoteca.co.uk/) or the Champagne bar in St. Pancras.

If your budget were higher, I'd suggest the bar in Tower 42/Nat West Tower, but it's pretty expensive! Great views, and I've done a girly champagne evening there before.

Have also been reading about the rooftop bar at Aqua on Regent's St, haven't been so can't comment on budgets, but sounds like a fun glam location.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Special restaurant - female meeting - cocktails - good food

Another option that has just occurred to me is Below Zero, which is part of the Ice Bar on Heddon Street - great cocktails and nice food that you can either have as a meal in the main restaurant or as sharing plates in the lounge. I personally would go for the Reindeer Lounge, it has a really nice vibe and isn't as formal as a restaurant: belowzerolondon.com/eat-our-restaurant.html. When I went with my boyfriend I think we spent around £80-90 (including service) on a mix of cocktails, glasses of wine and sharing plates of food.

7. Re: Special restaurant - female meeting - cocktails - good food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2013, 06:15