We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most enjoyable Ramsay restaurant - opinions

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Georgetown, On
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Most enjoyable Ramsay restaurant - opinions

I am contemplating surprising my kids (20, 18) with a meal at a Ramsay restaurant sometime between July 8-10 (lunch or dinner, haven't decided). We are staying at the Novotel London City South. Any suggestions on preferences, locations close to our hotel?

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,513 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most enjoyable Ramsay restaurant - opinions

Oh dear -most over rated restaurants in London

if only he spent less time on TV

the "better " ones get booked up months in advance

Edited: 05 July 2012, 19:03
London, United...
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most enjoyable Ramsay restaurant - opinions

I have always enjoyed the flagship restaurant at Royal Hospital Road. The head chef , Clare Smyth has maintained the three Michelin stars despite the efforts of her 'patron'. No idea whether you would be able to get a reservation at such short notice though.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,223 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most enjoyable Ramsay restaurant - opinions

Royal Hospital Road is, I agree, probably the best GR 'branded' restaurant. There is very limited availability according to the site for your dates around 12 noon if nothing but GR will do. There is better availability at the Narrow (in Limehouse) - arguably easier for you to get to from the Novotel so if you want to go book asap.

There are plenty of other very good restaurants though so if you can't get into a GR one, you will not miss out.

Georgetown, On
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Most enjoyable Ramsay restaurant - opinions

Yes, TV...gets us every time!!! Just thought the novelty would be fun as we do enjoy most of his TV shows here in Canada. Thanks for the advice everyone.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Most enjoyable Ramsay restaurant - opinions

I really liked Maze when I went just before Christmas last year, and they quite often do a decent set menu (it was 4 courses for £24 per person when I went). The others are right though, there are plenty of other excellent restaurants in London, and plenty that have the 'celebrity chef' factor if you want the novelty of saying you've eaten in a famous chef's restaurant.

London
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Most enjoyable Ramsay restaurant - opinions

Bread Street Kitchen is very good.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Most enjoyable Ramsay restaurant - opinions

I also love Maze because it's a bistro type place so not at all stuffy like others tend to be and the lunch menu is great value for money.

rogaland
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Most enjoyable Ramsay restaurant - opinions

I've been to Maze Grill & York & Albany.

York & Albany was ok, Maze Grill was great - we had a 3 set lunch and it was wonderful. £25 or so, great value.

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,396 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Most enjoyable Ramsay restaurant - opinions

In my opinion The Maze has gone down since Jason Atherton left, nowhere near as good as it used to be.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Most enjoyable Ramsay restaurant - opinions

Royal Hospital Road and Petrus are both outstanding, among the best restaurtants in London.

For a more informal meal try one of the pubs,