We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2012-13 Football (Soccer) Season - London Match Schedule

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,205 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
2012-13 Football (Soccer) Season - London Match Schedule

The 2012-13 football season is almost upon us, and as last year I've put the London matches into a Google Spreadsheet. Matches listed are those played IN Greater London, i.e. HOME games for the London based league teams.

http://bit.ly/pP87rE

For each match, there is a link to the home club's website, which you should visit for ticket information.

As of today it is updated with the first wave of TV schedules for Premier League, Championship and League Cup 1st Round. I will do my best to keep this up to date with League, FA Cup, League Cup and European Competitions. However, please check with the club's website, or BBC schedule for the most accurate information. Matches are liable to rescheduling due to TV schedules, fixture clashes with other competitions, and weather.

If you are visiting London and planning to go to a Premier League match, remember the following:

1) Premier League games, especially involving the "big clubs", can sell out very quickly.

2) You have a better chance of getting tickets for matches involving "small clubs".

3) You have a better chance of getting tickets to see a Premier League team if you join the club's membership scheme.

4) If you can't get tickets, there's plenty of enjoyable football at the games in the Championship and Leagues 1 & 2.

Also note that Thomas Cook sells tickets for matches as part of a hotel package, so that may be another (albeit expensive) option - http://www.thomascooksport.com/Football

Please let me know of any errors or changes.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,207 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2012-13 Football (Soccer) Season - London Match Schedule

"4) If you can't get tickets, there's plenty of enjoyable football at the games in the Championship and Leagues 1 & 2"

...and BS Premier (the Conference), BS South (Conference South) and the other "non-league" leagues ! ;-)

Nutley, New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2012-13 Football (Soccer) Season - London Match Schedule

I may be mistaken, but one has to pay 20-30 pounds to join a club membership. I looked into this with a number of clubs and found that to be the case. Are there any other ways to secure tickets?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,205 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2012-13 Football (Soccer) Season - London Match Schedule

Traveleurope,

Personally I don't think £20-30 is that bad for a membership. I was paying £10 for my Crystal Palace membership more than 20 years ago. Membership gets you priority access to tickets, before they go on general sale (if there are any unsold for GS). And in some cases you get discounts on tickets (£5 at Chelsea). The fact is that for (especially) "big" games - Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool or any London derby being a member may be the only way to get tickets.

In another thread you were looking at Fulham v Norwich which I would regard as a "small" team (apologies to Norwich fans), and so tickets should be available for GS.

As for "other ways" to get tickets, you won't find any (or very few) on the "secondary" market, as it is against the law to resell, scalp, or tout tickets for football matches. The only other ways would be though package deals like Thomas Cook, who can sell their packages well in advance of tickets being on sale (as they have a known allocation), but they would require that you also book a hotel through them.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,711 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2012-13 Football (Soccer) Season - London Match Schedule

Many thanks for the heads up USBT.

Hope the fortunes of CP improve for you.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,205 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2012-13 Football (Soccer) Season - London Match Schedule

You're welcome and thanks your lordship :)

Though we didn't have a *bad* season last year. League Cup semi final, and we beat Man Utd at Old Trafford!

Edited: 08 July 2012, 02:11
West Lawn...
Level Contributor
160 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2012-13 Football (Soccer) Season - London Match Schedule

Excellent post and thanks for all the effort! I have gotten tickets in the past for Spurs, West Ham, and Fulham. Granted, none of the games were against the "big four" or local rivals. I think I joined their mailing lists or something that didnt require a membership but notified me when tickets went on sale.

The only membership I have joined and forked over $ is the Arsenal membership because I wanted to make sure I would get a ticket.

Also, I have gotten some good deals on FA Cup and Carling Cup tickets in the past. Got great seats two seasons ago to a 4th round FA cup game at West Ham. Paid 17 pounds per ticket. The only drawback is that you really can't make long term plans with Cup games since the draw is haphazard and EPL teams dont enter the competition until the new year.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,828 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2012-13 Football (Soccer) Season - London Match Schedule

The early stages of the Champions League can be a good bet to get general sale tickets. The games are always midweek.

Also League Cup games always go to general sale, fans have little interest in this competition until the final stages. Again the games are always midweek.

8. Re: 2012-13 Football (Soccer) Season - London Match Schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:16