We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thorpe Park

Reykjavik
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Thorpe Park

Is it okey to leave 13 year old girls there by them self for the day or do we the parents need to have the fun day with them, what do you say, they both speak english and will have a mobile

london
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thorpe Park

13 is old enough by their rules. So yes, it's ok if you're happy to leave them.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thorpe Park

My kids went to theme parks alone at that age, without mobiles, so as long as they are sensible, and I"m sure they are or you wouldn't even consider it, leave them with some money and a phone, and an "emergency backup plan" - an agreed plan on what to do should you not be at the agreed rendezvous point on time and they are unable to contact you.

Note that many of the rides at TP involve getting wet, and as you have probably noticed, its very wet here at the moment anyway, so they may wish to bring some spare dry clothes packed in plastic to either carry with them or leave in a storage locker there for which they may need some coins.

Reykjavik
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thorpe Park

They are sensible, go anywhere by themself at home, Im a bit worryed leaving them... but that is what mom´s are for I just think they would have better time by themselfs rather than having me scared to death just looking at them in the rides...

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,362 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thorpe Park

I am pretty sure they would be safe but if I was their Mum I wouldn't leave them to their own devices.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,112 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thorpe Park

I dropped off my 15 year old daughter at Thorpe several times, but she was with a fairly large group of school friends.

You know your own children best, but you may not know the park. Lockers, food, fast passes--all can add up to quite a bit of money. This is a theme park with a captive audience--everything will be expensive.

london
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thorpe Park

You don't need to buy fast passes, though if you are going in school holidays it might help (from the end of July). It's much better to go on a quiet day than to buy a fast pass, because they are stupidly expensive, but anyway they can always wait in the slow line with everyone else. £20 each should be plenty, as long as they don't waste it on the silly sideshows that only the operators know how to beat....

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,112 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thorpe Park

Some tips

themeparktourist.com/features/20110221/3151/…

IMHO, teenage girls could get through £20 just with lunch and a t-shirt or other souvenir.

london
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thorpe Park

You could waste any amount of money in there really, pound coins in various machines, poor-quality souvenirs, etc., but £20 will definitely cover enough food and drink for the day, and there's enough to do that's included that they don't need to be wasting money in arcades or whatever.

The main thing with these parks is never pay full price for admission, they are forever giving away 2-4-1 coupons and the like.

Some food costs here new.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/page/guide_food

Reykjavik
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thorpe Park

Where can I get 2 4 1 coupon for Thorpe Park ?

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,273 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Thorpe Park

You can save a lot by pre-booking tickets.

http://www.thorpepark.com/prices/tickets.aspx

I never go anywhere without googling for discount vouchers first, it can save a lot of money. Unfortunately, it looks like the 241 deal has finished for Thorpe Park, but it's always useful to keep checking.