We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In London, do you often find a famous person?

Barcelona...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
In London, do you often find a famous person?

That's the question, i'd like to find someone famous like Emma Watson (it's my favourite actress), Daniel Radcliffe or someone else.

Please answere the question and, if you know more or less where is the most popular place to find them, better.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,220 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In London, do you often find a famous person?

There are well over 8 million people in London. Your chance of seeing a famous one is almost zero.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
820 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In London, do you often find a famous person?

I've been to the theatre and seen Miriam Margolyes and Esther Rantzen in the audience.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,026 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In London, do you often find a famous person?

Famous people often go to great lengths to avoid being spotted and pestered in public.

Edited: 23 July 2012, 11:39
Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,484 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In London, do you often find a famous person?

I met some Daleks on Westminster Bridge once ...

Roeselare, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In London, do you often find a famous person?

If you're in London next summer, you may be able to catch Daniel Radcliffe "at work": michaelgrandagecompany.com/whats-on/#the-cri…

london
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In London, do you often find a famous person?

I've never been to the Wolseley and not seen someone famous, although once it was just Christine Hamilton, which barely counts.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In London, do you often find a famous person?

I once sat opposite Ken Livingstone on the tube

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,535 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In London, do you often find a famous person?

If you hang around the Westminster area when Parliament is sitting you have little difficulty spotting a few politicians, especially in a couple of the pubs, but it's likely you won't see any if you actually look for them. I have to say though, that in the twenty-odd years I worked around Westminster, famous faces in public seemed to get fewer. I used regularly to see Ian Paisley and Lord Longford on the District Line, and I wonder if controversial figures would do that on a regular basis now.

For B and C list 'celebrities' try some of the pubs and restaurants around Islington (Angel and Upper Street). For up and coming BBC script-writers and fledgling comedians try Stoke Newington. London is so vast that 'celebs' are thin on the ground, and I have seen one or two in unlikely suburbs. Leytonstone, for instance, had an Eastender and someone from The Bill. Obviously being an actor isn't quite as glamorous as it seems!

london
Level Contributor
416 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: In London, do you often find a famous person?

i stood at a bar at the old wembley stadium and phil daniels was next to me, i have also served theo wallcott but never met the daleks on westminster bridge

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: In London, do you often find a famous person?

Seriously, I was next to Andrew Lloyd Webber at Harrods food all... but really seriously, it was a miracle. I recognised his voice before I slowly turned to confirm it.

Go to Madam Taussauds ... you'll see them all there and have so much more fun.