We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket's for the half empty venues?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
326 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ticket's for the half empty venues?

Hi there

Im looking into taking a quick trip to London this weekend. I'm looking at several event on TV and see that the less popular sports only have like half full venues.

But i can't find anywhere where i can get of ticket's? I have looked at the official 2012 site but there are only a VERY few events available. For instance i am looking into watching Handball Denmark-Croatia on saturday. Or maybe Equestrian of any kind. I don't think those events will be sold out at all - but i still can't fint tickets. So my question is: Do they sell tickets 'at the door'. Or are there a place for same day tickets or how does it work?

Thanks so much in advance!

Adrian

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ticket's for the half empty venues?

No they dont sell tickets at the door. Maybe they should but they dont.

You should look at your countries ticketing system to see what can be bought last minute.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ticket's for the half empty venues?

the empty seats have been sold, it’s just that people aren't going....sore point......really annoying the folks in the UK who haven’t been able to purchase tickets...believe me the tickets could have been sold two fold via ‘proper’ sports fans, instead the corporate prawn sandwich brigade have gotten them;-)

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
326 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ticket's for the half empty venues?

Thanks for your reply. I allready looked at the official site for Denmark. No tickets there :-(

Today i have been watching womens tennis Caroline Wozniacki and Yanina Wickmayer (still playing). And the Centre Court were not even half full. But i couldn't locate any sites or info on the ticket availability. I really don't get it at all....

Adrian

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ticket's for the half empty venues?

It is disgusting that corporate tickets are not being used - a scandal in fact!!!

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,497 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ticket's for the half empty venues?

More tickets are being released; you need to check the London 2012 website - they're not available outside the UK but check when you come here for last-minute availability

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19048918

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ticket's for the half empty venues?

Ticketmaster were advertising tickets yesterday but don't know for what events sorry.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ticket's for the half empty venues?

This is an evolving story Adrian, LOCOG themselves are surprised and embarrassed at the empty seats and they're doing everything they can to resolve the issue and get the tickets released to the public, although the exact arrangements are still being decided on. Some of the national athletic bodies (as that's who has many of the seats, not "prawn sandwich brigades" or corporate guests for the most part) are trying to help out by giving back what they don't need.

In short keep an eye on the 2012 website for announcements. Chances are slim to be honest, but I'd say it's your best hope.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,742 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ticket's for the half empty venues?

I was at the Boxing today and there were never more than 20 people in the 300 "accredited" prime location seats. The rest of the arena was packed.

london
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ticket's for the half empty venues?

I saw some cheapish hotel + ticket deals at thomascooklondon2012.com - I think hotel & handball for £99 though it wasn't for the weekend.

london
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ticket's for the half empty venues?

There are handball tickets for tomorrow. I think you need to buy the day before at this point.