We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night hotel in london

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
1 night hotel in london

Hi, i will be in London from Manchester for 1 night in november . Can anyone pls advice on which hotel is good for last minute shopping? i will depart in heathrow airport. Thanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,132 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night hotel in london

Are you flying from Manchester or taking the train? At what time of day and on what day of the week does your flight depart from LHR? And for what would you like to shop?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night hotel in london

Hi, I have not decide to fly or take train from Manchester to London. What will you suggest? I intent to reach London on the 5th of Nov at about 3pm.. And will be departing from LHR at 11am the next day. Thanks

Edited: 31 July 2012, 06:16
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night hotel in london

Please help!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 night hotel in london

Personally I would choose based on the ease of getting my early start to Heathrow.

We don't know your budget or taste, but try the Piccadilly Line locations. I use the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum. There are plenty of other choices near there.

What kind iof shopping? Souvenirs, fashion, electronics, antiques, window shopping? Bargain, High Street stores, department stores, luxury?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,132 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 night hotel in london

If you were to fly from MAN to LHR you would spend time travelling from the airport either to a hotel nearby or to a hotel in central London. If you take the train you'll be in the city centre and can book a hotel near the Piccadilly line but with good access to shopping. Taking the train is a more environmentally friendly proposition as well.

Advance single fares for the rail journey from Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston start at £12; singles from MAN to LHR are available from £65 on 5 November.

If you would like to stay near Euston station and shop in Oxford Street, have a look at the Travelodge Euston, adjacent to the rail station. There is a Premier Inn across the road that's worth booking as well.

The journey on the Underground from Euston to LHR can be made with one easy change: Victoria line to Green Park, take the escalator up to the ticket hall and another back down to the Piccadillly line platforms for a train to LHR.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 night hotel in london

Hi McVisor, thanks for replying..

As this is the last night in london, i don' mind spending around GBP800 a night in hotel... I am looking for fashion shopping and luxury handbags. Pls advise. Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 night hotel in london

Hi TravellrPlus, Thanks for the info. it"s really help alot..

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 night hotel in london

£800 or did you mean £80

If you meant £800 then get a concierge or your pa to sort all of this out for you!

If you're looking at luxury shopping then stay at the Mayfair hotel or the w hotel and you have the west end on your door step.

Train would give you the most time in London if you came in from Manchester

If you meant £80 the lastminute is a good a place as any

London, United...
Level Contributor
336 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 night hotel in london

If you're really looking at £800, I'd suggest one of the hotels on Park Lane, and then you can shop at Selfridges and Bond St for luxury bags, etc.

10. Re: 1 night hotel in london

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 21:16