We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympic Park to Stratford main line train station

Halesworth, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Olympic Park to Stratford main line train station

I was just wondering how long it takes to get out of the Olympic Stadium at the end of the day? I need to specify a train time for the ticket and need to know what sort of queues to expect. We are going to the Para Olympics and it ends at 22:00. Would I make the 22\:40 train or 23:10 or should I book a later one.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
58,235 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olympic Park to Stratford main line train station

The length of time it will take to walk from the Olympic Park to the rail station will depend on your location in the park. Unless the crowds are expected to be at their maximum on the day you plan to travel, I should think that booking the 2240 train will allow plenty of time to walk from the park to the station.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6,796 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olympic Park to Stratford main line train station

Which mainline station ? Stratford or Stratford International ?

Where are you catching the train to ?

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
23,364 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Olympic Park to Stratford main line train station

If it is a Games rail ticket, they have some flexibility built in. Think it's something like 3 trains after.

Check the conditions with your booking.

Halesworth, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Olympic Park to Stratford main line train station

Statford to Ipswich.

Edited: 02 August 2012, 07:00
Mentioned in this post
Ipswich
Ipswich
Suffolk, UK
London
Level Contributor
11,728 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Olympic Park to Stratford main line train station

Unlike normal "advance" tickets, tickets bought on the Olympic link do have flexibility.

nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/london2012/in…

On opening night, it took me 45 minutes to get from my seat in the stadium to the train - it's not very far - it was just the size of the crowd slowing things down.

6. Re: Olympic Park to Stratford main line train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 01:16