We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best View Of NYE Firework Display

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Best View Of NYE Firework Display

Which hotel d'you think you would you best be able to see them from ?

Older people not willing to stand outdoors any longer .

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,001 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best View Of NYE Firework Display

Probably the Marriott County Hall, The Royal Horseguards or The Savoy but only from a very few river view rooms which will either have been sold out since last year or will cost an arm and a leg.

Sorry to be negative but watching from a comfy armchair with a glass in hand might be more sensible.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,360 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best View Of NYE Firework Display

As Adam says watch it on tv raising a glass at midnight. That is what most of us do.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best View Of NYE Firework Display

Agree with the other posters - it is very difficult to get a good view of the fireworks indoors unless it's on the TV!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,535 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best View Of NYE Firework Display

To give you an idea the Marriott County Hall has river view rooms on NYE starting at £595 before VAT (non cancellable/changeable rate). The Savoy et al will be more.

An alternative is to book a riverboat cruise or the NYE party at the Royal festival hall. Tickets for the latter are for food, drink and a view from the RFH terrace and are usually about £80/head but you would still need to get to and from the venue but could maybe stay at a hotel (without view) nearby and walk.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,635 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best View Of NYE Firework Display

We did the riverboat cruise last year, and the boats have folding back ceilings and you can sit on a chair, so it's sort of half indoors and half outdoors. You do disembark at Westminster Pier so have to fight the crowds for a couple of blocks to get out, if that's a problem. There was a crowd getting on too. I thought they could maybe have better organization of the queue. This was with City Cruises. I posted a full review here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k50301…

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best View Of NYE Firework Display

Thanks guys , not for me, was enquiring on behalf of others.

I believe the Park Plaza County Hall high floor rooms also have a good view.

Having seen the prices for the Marriot ....... ouch........yes better to sit at home!

Essex
Level Contributor
27,631 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best View Of NYE Firework Display

Who knows IF there will be fireworks this year?? It is not a foregone conclusion!

newport pagnell
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best View Of NYE Firework Display

well im not going to be negative for the past two years we have dined aboard HMS president and the oxo tower. but im convinced any restaurant in trafalgar square or covent garcen would surfice. i would never ever watch it from the tv again its absolutly magical and well worth the £600 we paid for thehotel for the night and the evenings meal...do it you wont be disappointed.

9. Re: Best View Of NYE Firework Display

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 08:17