We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Tours - Harry Potter Studio Tour

Singapore
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Golden Tours - Harry Potter Studio Tour

Hi,

Just checking. Anyone has gone on a Harry Potter Studio Tour package with Golden Tours ?

Any comments ?

Thanks.

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Golden Tours - Harry Potter Studio Tour

I have and I was very disappointed with this company. First you get on a bus for about 40 minutes and no one spoke during the trip. They could have a tour guide or something to tell you about the place. Trivia something. They finally gave you a short video when you got there. Then the tour guy did not tell us the process to get our ticket, so we had to chase down the guide who took 30 minutes to finally get our tickets after we asked him three times why it was taken so long. I asked customer service to call him twice. Then return he was late and it was raining bus was locked no do not use this company

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,430 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Golden Tours - Harry Potter Studio Tour

sorry to hear that. I did everything myself and I was fine, esp. loved the HP bus at Watford Station with Warwick Davis explaining what the tour would be about..

Btw re times, this wee the wbst facebook page posted a pic ofvtwo visitors that stayed 13 hours. I'm a big Potterhead but couldnt do that :)

london
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Golden Tours - Harry Potter Studio Tour

wow OrangeTigger ... 13 hours !!! ... they must have gone in at opening time and stayed until they were thrown out

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
665 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Golden Tours - Harry Potter Studio Tour

Sorry to hear that, Starelenas. When I went, the bus driver had our tour tickets in an envelope with my name on and gave them to me as I got on the bus.

Golden Tours do not publicize that the bus is anything other than transportation, so I think this is a case of mismatched expectations.

Did you report back to Golden Tours.? The lateness might have been due to some special circumstance, but the driver should have at least apologized if not explained.

mallorca
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Golden Tours - Harry Potter Studio Tour

were booked for mid November , but going by train , so we can take it at out own pace !!

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Golden Tours - Harry Potter Studio Tour

For those that have taken the Golden Tours bus to the studio, what is the restroom situation? Is there one on the bus or is the driver able to stop if need be? Thanks!!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,151 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Golden Tours - Harry Potter Studio Tour

Some coaches have toilets on board and some don't. However they are pretty awful and only to be used in an emergency. Besides the journey time is no more than an hour.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,047 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Golden Tours - Harry Potter Studio Tour

AFAIK they are standard double-decker buses and don't have toilets.

They also appear to have that horrid contravision stuff plastered over the windows so it is impossible to see out properly.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,151 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Golden Tours - Harry Potter Studio Tour

Apologies. Wirewiper is correct. The website has a picture of the bus they used. They also state "On 21, 25, 31 July and 19 August 2014 we will be using Coaches for transportation". These may or may not have toilets.

goldentours.com/warner-bros-studio-tour-lond…

Wappingers Falls...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Golden Tours - Harry Potter Studio Tour

the transportation only is that for pick up at the 2 sites [ baker street and victoria] and return?

or is it strictly a return?